Styling Orange bits

Currently reading:
Styling Orange bits

Mr.Steps

I was wondering can i remove those orange strips from the sides of my sei and put on the black plastic bits that appear on the newer sei´s?

Remove these strips..
216.jpg

and put these on...
Fiat_Seicento_Sporting_Abarth_1.jpg

The orange strips are just stickers, and the black bits are plastic.
It would look alot better than just having an orange sticker or painting a sticker black... If anyone has done this before please let me know.

I have done it. To take the sticker off I used a hairdryer and credit card

Real pain to remove but get the sticker hot enough and it should peel of in big chunks

To fit the black strips use the adhesive supplied or something like tiger seal. Tape them on and leave for a few hours

Wow the smoothed sides look really nice!
But my neighbours don´t really worry about other peoples cars when they open their doors... (Haven´t been able to bust anyone in the act:mad: )

So the plastic strips would offer more protection :D now i just gotta figure how to get a hairdryer working in the garage 3 stories below me... (no plugs in the garage :confused :( )

now i just gotta figure how to get a hairdryer working in the garage 3 stories below me... (no plugs in the garage :confused :( )

Dont have to necessarily use a hairdryer, a kettle full of boiling water would do the job if a bit slower

Sorry to bring this up again
i didnt want to make a new topic if theres one already

has anyone sold there car after having the orange bits off? was it hard? did the value go down?

Value would hardly be effected, its only a 50p transfer if that, people should be more interested in how the car drives and its condition rather than a sticker, besides i would say it is something that unless you know a lot about these cars you arent going to notice

Most on here prefer without sticker, especially silver owners with the orange sticker.

Last edited:
ive done it too. fairly simple process. remove the strip with some hot air or water, then clean the entire length with some solvent to remove any glue. get your new strips and slap em on! note that some of my strips had poor adhesive and i had to revert to using silicon to stick them properly. with a bit of clamping and good care they sit fine now and look great much better than the orange strips if u ask me :)

i have a black seicento and i like the car but the orange bit makes me want to change it ASAP, im going to talk to my cousin this week and see if he will do it for me, since it seems pretty easy
Thankyou

Back