IMG_8625_4forum_.jpg

Grande Punto Orange 1.4 16v Sporting

Introduction

Hey!

Thought it was about time I started up a thread for my car! I've been using the forum for a while now, just tend not to post much and keep quiet. Anyway...

I purchased my car in mid August 2012 with 26,000 miles on the clock. It's a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 16v Sporting in the best colour, Orange! It came with the Abarth Alloys that are on the car now.. so really I haven't done a hell of a lot. It's had some new mats, a tax disc holder and a rear bumper respray (that clearly went really well (n)) I passed my test in October 2012 but haven't really had the time or money (with being at school) to do anything to my car. But now I'm finished and i'm having a gap year so i thought it was the perfect opportunity to get the ball rolling and do some stuff to my car.

First thing on the list is to lower it as the arch gap is horrendous! Then sort out the b-pillars on the door. I think the previous owner loved the car wash a bit too much, they are scratched quite badly. I'll post a close up of them when i get to changing them. Then after that i'm not quite sure what im going to do really... just see what comes up for sale and how much money i have i suppose.

Wow.. i've rambled on. Anyway, here are some pictures that i took yesterday!

IMG_8720_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8703_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8699_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8680_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8668_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8666_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8659_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8644_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8629_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8625_4forum_.jpg

IMG_8628_4forum_.jpg

Cheers for looking!
Reactions: timfuller1886
Looking very good! Will look loads better once you've lowered it! i do love those alloys a lot!
When you say the rear bumper respray went well, are you joking? Haha

ElliottMK2B - cheers mate, was lucky that they came with the car!
Sweex - yeah it's like a bloody 4x4 at the moment haha! Yeah i was being sarcastic, the spray was horrendous. Complete the wrong colour and the paintwork is so flat.. it was no better than before. I will get it sorted when i find someone that can properly match the colour
timfuller1886 - they look awesome. I can't remember if the guy i bought them off said he had them powder coated this colour or they came like that. Hope you find some, i think they're quite rare though :(
Urbex - yeah, they were £25 for the whole set! I've done 7000 miles with them in and they still look pretty good! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punt...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519ca952c0 there's the ebay link :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
So I went and got these today...

IMG_8771_ff_.jpg

Not the greatest coilovers I know, but all I could afford and my car needs to go low! Personally, I think i got a good deal at £80 as they're basically brand new! They will have to do until I can afford something a bit better but for now i'm sure they will be fine!

Hopefully get them on my car sometime next week as i'm not working. Hopefully will transform the car :D

Jordan92 I think I saw a picture of your car on google and genuinely thought it was mine from the previous owner haha! Yeah it's definitely the best combination, yours is definitely a lot better than mine is atm though. I hope so!

RowingLad87 - thanks man!
Sweex - yeah it sucks. I said don't spray it if you can't match it, and they said they'd matched it fine. They just used the original paint code and said they'd tinted it too match, but you can see they haven't because it matches the colour on the inside of the boot where the paint hasn't faded haha. Regret paying for it now...

Luckily the garage is a 30 second drive from my house!
Had a bit of a nightmare fitting them.. the top mounts don't fit properly.. anyone got any ideas why? Looked for problems with them but no one else has had any ha. Got to go back Monday and sort it out.

Also I might put the back adjusters in... scrapes... a lot... a bit too much haha. Does look good though, i'll get some photos when it stops raining

Am I gonna sound stupid if I say yes? Haha. I assumed we did as there were no others in the box... Am I supposed to use something different? Feel like an idiot if so haha...

No youre right to be using the standard mounts. However i would be swapping them for new ones.
How were you having trouble? It should be quite straiht forward bud.

Back