Technical open bonnet fault

Currently reading:
Technical open bonnet fault

peteobuk

hello all,

can anyone help, my stilo keeps telling me with an aggressive beep and a red door light on the dash that my bonnet is open, it does this when i start up and then randomly as i'm driving. the bonnet is definatley closed.
Does any one have any ideas what the problem is? and how much would it cost to fix?

any help is much appreiciated.:worship:

cheers

pete

yeah factory fit alarm, is this a usual thing. i have been getting an alarm fault sign everytime i start the engine for the last month or so, you kind of learn to ignore the beeps after a while. any ideas, how much it should cost to get the bonnet/ alarm fixed.

cheers

I think you'll find the switch is integrated into the bonnet catch. There's also a connector, I think, just to the left of the radiator.

I just wish all problems were that easy :rolleyes:

While we are on the subject of bonnet releases etc the T shaped under bonnet pull on the New 1.4 stilo has snapped :eek: and has to go in for a new complete bonnet lock :bang: a case again of cheap plastics and poor materials (n)

While we are on the subject of bonnet releases etc the T shaped under bonnet pull on the New 1.4 stilo has snapped :eek: and has to go in for a new complete bonnet lock :bang: a case again of cheap plastics and poor materials (n)

Well I don't see how . . . it's the same plastic as all other Stilos (albeit a different colour).

Hi all,

i checked the switch by the bonnet catch and when pressed in the open bonnet light goes out, it looks like there is a lot of grime in the bonnet catch but i can not see what would mve to move the switch.

any ideas?

cheers for all the help

First of all, something has moved or worn so is your bonnet fitting down properly? Does it look in line with the wings etc?

If the microswitch isn't adjustable then maybe adding something to the top, some araldite maybe, will make the switch plunger move enough to close

I don't think you'll find it's a plunger. As said before it's integrated into the main bonnet release in a rather clever way.

Discovered this when trying to fit the factory alarm :(

I know what you mean Argo but all microswitches have an operating plunger . The boot lock also has an integrated microswitch like this
boot lock 2.jpg
boot lock mod.jpg
Most people just change the whole lock when the boot open warning comes up repeatedly even though the boot is locked (ie the same problem) but the microswitch is removable if you get into it and a small blob of hard setting adhesive on top of the microswitch plunger makes it's operating point move into the ball court. Might be the same idea at the bonnet lock

Last edited:
Back