General Oil Sump replacement

Currently reading:
General Oil Sump replacement

Simocento

Hey Folks,

I have had a bit of an oil leak since getting my car and initially thought it to be the rocker Gasket.

Now it's quite possible the rocker is leaking as well but this weekend the leak has got a lot worse and I have discovered a hole in my oil sump. I have currently plugged it with a screw, washer and adhesive but need to get a replacement part for this coming Saturday when a friend is going to give me a hand and let me use his ramps.

I have just spotted this on ebay and wondered if you thought this a good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Fiat-Punto-Seicento-Cinquecento-1-1-Oil-Sump_W0QQitemZ280301777937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item280301777937&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I'm not sure where else to go really and I imagine going direct to Fiat would cost a lot more.

So yeah, does this seem pretty reasonable? Or does anyone know of any suppliers in the West Midlands (I live in Solihull) that would have one reasonably priced. Also if anyone here has one I would be interested too. Tho I need it for Saturday and really want a new one as opposed to used, unless it's in very good condition.

Thanks in advance

/Simo(n)cento

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
It's not linking from here for some reason :confused:

Item 280301777937

Also I just read that it is gasket free and you need a sealer (one auction is selling with the sealer)

Is this true of all the Seicento Sumps or just this one?

Back