Technical oil pressure gauge

Currently reading:
Technical oil pressure gauge

Hi
Has anyone fitted an oil pressure gauge to a cinque,i can get all the stuff from work,they do a little t-piece for about a fiver which fits in where the oil pressure sensor fits then the oil pressure sensor screws into that then you run a pipe from the t-piece to the guage,is there enough room for the t-piece?
Cheers
Adrian

Hi
I knew you`d have done one pete,don`t suppose you`ve the part numbers have you?(i can get all the parts from work)also where did you put the gauge?
Cheers
Adrian

Part numbers I can't remember, sorry - but they're standard Tim bits.

Console:
49console.JPG

Sender is shown below (sorry for the quality, it's enlarged from another pic)

Attachments

• oil tee.jpg
    oil tee.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 48
Pete
When i fit my 1242 am i right in saying i need a t-piece and a 90 degree sensor from a cinquecento?(is there a problem with space?)
Also i like your centre console conversion how did you make that?
Cheers
Adrian

If you use the Cinqy switch and right angle adaptor on a 1242, there's no problems.

Console is perspex, covered in vinyl. Heated up the perspex over a gas stove to get the bend right, then dremelled the holes for the gauges after. Don't cut the gauge holes first if you're doing it this way, it'll be a bugger to bend without snapping.

3 tiny L brackets, two at the top and one at the bottom. Glued 3 small self tappers into the perspex before covering, and there's just enough spring in the thing to keep it located. Comes out nice n'easy like that, too :)

Back