General Oil leak

Currently reading:
General Oil leak

julielew

Hi After checking over the oil and water and brake fluid I have found an oil leak coming from under the electronic ignition coils on the front and running down the enging block. I have tightened up a small bolt underneath the coils but can't really see at the back of them. What could this leak be.

Hi again,
the 2 x coil packs , at end of engine block / next to battery,
the mounting block for the coils pushes into the end of the engine ,and has an o-ring type seal ( same as punto)

often removing the block, cleaning , and using a little "instant gasket" will cure the leak,

Charlie

Hmmm. Thanks for this tip and advice. I have the same problem but the mechanic at the service said to me it must change the entire gasket from the top engine metal cover. (under the air filter) Probably they dont know about this O-ring. Is difficult to change this?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I did change the coils last year. I will check this out and do as you say and tighten all the bolts up

Cheers

Hmmm. Thanks for this tip and advice. I have the same problem but the mechanic at the service said to me it must change the entire gasket from the top engine metal cover. (under the air filter) Probably they dont know about this O-ring. Is difficult to change this?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
#13 here

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...INT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&WINDOW_ID=1

bracket is held on by 3 x m6 ( 10mm HEX) Nuts;)
fiddly to change ,:(

but I tend to remove the bracket, de-grease the parts,
add some sealant to the o-ring and metal mating faces and reassemble.

Charlie

Back