General Oh no! No go!

Currently reading:
General Oh no! No go!

Went to start the 130 today and chug-chug-chug-chug..... etc.

It's been 100% reliable upto now apart from the clutch which was due to replace anyway. Unplugged the battery and had a schooch around all the wires and plugs making sure everything was plugged in tight. Even found the connector that should be plugged into the condensate sensor on the bottom of the fuel filter (I'll have to get a sensor sometime).

Anyway the father in law is having a very similar issue with his Alfa 2.4JTD. He's replaced his TDC sensor once and it seemed to fix it for a while but its returned again on his. What's chance its the same on mine?

Or did it simply overhear my plans for a 180JTD Bravo? :eek:

Hmmm got a bit lazy with the gears (I think) going round a roundabout and thought it was going to stall on me. Didn't seem to miss a beat all the rest of the way so must have just been me. Switched off once I got home, waited for the relays and things to stop buzzing and started her again..

no issue. I hate intermittent faults.

Father in law already replaced his on his alfa 2.4 jtd... and it was ok for a couple of weeks or so :(

In fact his died at B&Q at Gateshead today... about a mile from where mine died the day before. Both started and drove the 30 miles home without issue once they had cooled down.

Back