General Official Punto Mud Flaps + Lowering

Currently reading:
General Official Punto Mud Flaps + Lowering

Does anyone know how far from the bottom of the front and rear standard bumpers the official FIAT GP Mud Flaps sit. I really really like the look of them on the GP, but my car is dropped on Eibachs and i like to reverse up curbs to minimise curbing of my lovely rims...which i have done badly on 3 occasions.

Anyway, any information on how low they sit and if it will stop me driving up and down curbs would be great. If this is the case, i won't be doing it :p

make sure they are higher than the curb!! i did this one my old punto, had mud flaps and they were slightly lower, when i reversed up a curb, they grabed between the wheel and the curb and it ripped my arch out in pieces!! so just make sure the bottom of the flaps are no lower than a standard curb.

You say that as if when you fit the mud guards you can pick the height you want them. With my old non-fiat ones i was able to do this and had no issues with curbs. I'm assuming with official ones they are more a set height/placement and are more moulded to a standard fit. Yay/nay?

well if your fitting them yourself you can choose any height you want to? within a certain range ofcourse, they were non-fiat ones, so arent sure about the fiat ones but surely they should have some play? i did fit mine quiet low ^^ but it was on standard springs, could have done the flaps 100mm higher if needed though :/.

I assumed they were a set moulded shape to fit one way. Hopefully they have some give.

Any one else, c'mon i know people on here have them fitted.....

Last edited:
You only asked an hour ago :ROFLMAO:

Yes, this is true. You'll have to forgive me as i'm currently harbouring the usual 'man-flu', and as such i'm endlessly re-cling link after link on the forum, and other websites trying to make time tick by. So infact, i've been sat here about 2 hours, but it feels like 2 years lol :p

Anyway, appreciate the input :) I don't have sideskirts, and nor do i plan to add any in the to near a future. Modifying them as such excites me though!

Off to google average curb height in Coventry now, sounds good though.

Back