Tuning O.Z Alleggerita HLT Review

Currently reading:
Tuning O.Z Alleggerita HLT Review

Sealobo

Hi there... after a big delay, my aftermarket wheels have arrived. (sorry about the crappy pictures...)

This is what i ordered a billion years ago:

13.jpg

The wheels come with individual "certificate". I am glad that they're seemingly perfect!

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Some snap shots:

photo-2.jpg

photo-4.jpg

The all-important wheel cap... :D

photo-3.jpg

Appearance
Obviously this is a personal choice... but i am really glad about the matching outcome. The new wheel size is 16x7 - only 1" larger in diameter but, maybe due to the white paint, the 1" increment seems understated in person. For the new rubber, i opted for Toyo DRB 195/16 45.

http://www.ityre.com/en/tyres/catalog/toyo/size/70861/
21157.jpg

Performance
Too bad that i had no access to a scale when I had these bad boys installed at the garage. All i can say is that, and as you can see from the picture above, the new wheels weighted 6.35kg each. Due to the weight loss, the car feels sportier in all speed range, especially in stop-n-go traffic. For a car that was already lightweight, further loss in (unsprung) weight became even more noticeable. The car can now accelerate quicker, stop in shorter distance and, working with the previously installed Bilstein B14, the whole suspension geometry benefited greatly. I can literally feel that the wheels are now moving up and down more freely.

Comfort
Originally I thought this would be the department of tradeoff. But to my pleasant surprise, the ride quality improved! The wider rubber managed to absorb a bit more bumps and as previously stated, the lightweight of the alloy really allowed the suspensions to work more effectively. I am sure this is not a biased view because my girlfriend could also tell the difference. So this particular mod has really no downside; except these bloody alloys are tough to keep clean! :devil:

Value
I paid £820 for the wheels and £300 for the tyres. I think it's money well spent cuz I can actually use the performance on top of the great look! If you're to change your factory wheels, you really should go for something light! (it'd probably save you some gas money, too.)

Last edited:
wow, indeed they're really light. :) but i must say, lowering 500 doesn't work on its appearence positively unlike most cars. there are uneven spaces between tyre and front wing at different points which IMO looks like you overloaded the car. don't get me wrong, just sharing my opinion, if you're happy with it or you care more about handling I'm happy for you.

they look crap.

Dont be so common and have some bloody manners :nutter:

I think they look cool i was just looking at team dynamics pro 1.2 in white i used to have oz super Ts 18 inch they was cool as a cool duck lol

I'm tired mate, lately I've been finding the energy to resist replying to pointless trolling/people but not tonight :)

Fair enough
icon7.gif
. For a moment I thought you'd missed the 'look at me being all controversial type post'.

They are very light, the one's I've just bought weigh almost 20 KG each! :eek:

The Abarth wheels are certainly not light! think my petals are about 22kg each with tyre.

You get it (y) IMHO they're not the best looking rims IMHO but man they're light! My choice would still be the Rally Asfalto's even if they heavier, being a motorsport rim and all.

Sealobo, if I may ask what was the damage? With shipping and without?

I have no idea what the significance of the "OZ" badge is, and i'm sure 99.9% of the rest of the population won't either. They might just as well be Halfords chav specials for all I know.

I originally placed an order for a set of SSR Type-C 16x7 that's less than 5kg each.

typecgunmetal

However when SSR received the order, they emailed the garage and advised against the application on the 500 due to bolt pattern issue.

I have no idea what the significance of the "OZ" badge is, and i'm sure 99.9% of the rest of the population won't either. They might just as well be Halfords chav specials for all I know.

Probably the most respected wheel manufacturer. Well used in F1, World rallying etc. Quality product, hardly a Halfords special. As you say for all you know.

Probably the most respected wheel manufacturer. Well used in F1, World rallying etc. Quality product, hardly a Halfords special. As you say for all you know.
Yes. Definitely at the top. Up there with BBS, Speedline, Compomotive etc etc. Certainly not down there with Wolfrace or the other Halfords tat.

Back