O/T hi there and change of news

Currently reading:
O/T hi there and change of news

M

MadGT

hi peeps been a bit of while since i was on here, for those who remember me and know me on facebook i`ve changed jobs,
i finally left city link (courier firm) after 6 and a half years, (thought i`d never get out) big changes were made ie closure of oldham depot and move down to trafford park, manchester, which meant instead of a 20 min journey of 5 miles it was now 30 mins on the M60 from Ashton, luckily i had gotten rid of a gas guzzling mondeo and switched to a diesel astra, but in all honesty still used more fuel on a motorway, makin my day longer out of the door a half 6 and sometimes back at half 6 at night, 6pm if i`m lucky,
i`ll now be working for Cartridge World with better hours, 9 to 5 through the week and only 15 mins away from home too, which means spendin more time at home with the family, especially now my daughter is just over 1 year old,

my last day was wednesday 18th august after 4 weeks notice, and i start my new job monday 23rd august

if anyone is thinkin of bein a courier driver especially with city link, my advise is DON`T!
too much stress,
long hours,
wages don`t match the hours you work,
no pay rise over the last 3 years,
single pay for overtime, (no time and a half etc)
they would rather you worked through your dinner hour if possible,
oh and 70 plus drops a day including collections,
they way things are going city link looks to be a sinking ship, they are loosing customers than they are they are gaining them,

and thats not me bad mouthing them, its fact, i could go on but i won`t, i just look foward moving on and warn people while i have the chance, i`ll still visit on here evey now and again but i tend to go on AOC as i own a mk5 astra sri

Bravo GT Status: Gone and unknown since February 2008
But never forgotten!
HURRAH! for diesel power 150bhp comin right at ya!

good top hear you got a job with better hours 9-5 :)
i know how you mean with the hours for city link,i used to work for HDNL and that was just normal pay till you finish and wages were ****e too.up at bamber bridge they are and im in blackpool north,wasted money on fuel gettin there.Also i had the bravo only then :(

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..its good to be different ;)