General O.K I'm a hypocrite

Currently reading:
General O.K I'm a hypocrite

crashbang

Howard Jones
:eek: I have loved my 5 dr 1.6 dynamic, but Whenever I saw the 3, door I used to kid myself it was not any better looking :( but it is . I was going past a local dealer the other day and a 3 door YELLOW stilo was looking at me.
(Take me home it was crying) so I damn well did, same year as mine, 52 reg same milage25k lost a grand , but hey ho.(what is a cd multichanger in the boot for?) I pick it up tuesday.

By the way, had engine management light on trade in one, so took it to stoneacre in Rotherham, put it on computer remapped whatever, couldn't get light off, 1hr later sorted it all out, AND I KID YOU NOT they handed me the keys back, and said " O.k no big deal" NO CHARGE:eek: :worship:

This 3 door model, what spec level is it?
Knowing personally what an 02 /52 4 door dynamic has spec wise i'd find myself hard pressed to give the stuff it comes with up :)

All you lose is the Parking/Rain/Dusk sensors, picnic passenger seat, sliding rear seats, but you gain 16" alloys, CD player, and the looks of a 3door :D

I do miss the parking sensors from mum's 5dr but the rain/dusk sensor is just a gimmic that would irritate me half the time anyway.

The stuff you really want like remote locking, air con, eleccy mirrors etc is all kept anyway.

Ok the 3dr may be more stylish but the 5dr is more practical my last carwas a 3dr and when I ave it to my youngest for his birthday I swore than never will I buy a 3dr for a family they are just not practical with six grandchildren and a wife that when she goes shopping thinks theres going to be a world shortage its the 5r all the way (y)

The rain sensors are something I do use, i'd miss those. Light sensors are ok, i'll enable those but they arnt a big deal. The picnic seat and movable rear seats arnt a big deal to me as a driver but they appeal to anyone that sits in the back, which admittedly is the 5 doors selling point

I still prefer the 3 door styling, even though I got a 5 door.

But having 2 kids is the main issue, even though we have the Ulysse bus as well. Struggling to move two lots of car seats is never easy, lol.

My rain sensors are useless though. And as for autolights, really useful until you need full beam - then you have to flick them round manually. Never used the picnic seat, and the movable rear seats once when I had a big load.

I lost a lot of gadgets when I went from 5 dr Dynamic to 3 dr JTD. Rain sensors/light sensors were just gimmicks that thankfully I dont have to worry about anymore. Gone is the bleeping on reverse that drives you to distraction. Reversed a thousand times without it and never hit a thing. I bought the wife a Punto so I dont need the picnic tray in the back.

I miss them 12 spoke wheels so much though. Somethings gotta give.

The 3 door vs 5 door question often pops up on this forum but I think a lot of people miss the point. As PNL has said, if you're buying a family car then it has to have 5 doors and that decision is made long before you decide what make of car - let alone what model - you're going for.

As a family man, I'm perfectly happy with my 5 door and you'd have to bribe me with a lot more than a grand to persuade me to swap to a 3 door. Aside from the 2 doors, I wouldn't be happy losing the extras that come with the 5 door either.

If you're single then you have a far wider choice and I must admit in that situation I'd be attracted to the sportier lower sitting 3 door. :)

Am I reading this right? You took a hit of 1 K to change from a 5 door to 3 door :eek: If so dont think I will bother to try and trade my 52 plate 1.6 16V 5 door for the 53 plate 115 JTD MW somebody recently pointed out to me... will cost too much to change :cry:

Hi

Interested in your views on Stoneacre in Rotherham.

Have a 51 plate stilo with more problems than parts on it. :bang:

Are Stoneacre really as good as they say?
New to all this.

Blot51

blot51 said:
Hi

Interested in your views on Stoneacre in Rotherham.

Have a 51 plate stilo with more problems than parts on it. :bang:

Are Stoneacre really as good as they say?
New to all this.

Blot51

Stoneacre in Rotherham is a new small garage, no frills like coffe etc small waiting room, but friendly knowledgeable people, £a lot cheaper than autoworld sheffield, picking up my stilo (another) Tuesday. Will use them again, Crashbang Sunnyside.

Cheers for that.

Have stilo in at Autoworld Chesterfield at present. it blew a spark plug coil or something lke that and they are most unhelpful. Its coming up for another service so will try Stone acre.

Cheers again.

Blot 51

blot51 said:
Have stilo in at Autoworld Chesterfield at present. it blew a spark plug coil or something lke that and they are most unhelpful. Its coming up for another service so will try Stone acre.

Autoworld Chesterfield are the worst Fiat garage I've ever been in. I even gave them a visit when I was wanting to buy an Abarth, and they were even unintersted in helping me with that!?

They took my number and said they'd call whenever any Abarths came available - never heard from them again! :D

Autoworld Sheff wanted £230 for the 18k service on my JTD - I was staggered... when I bought the car from now defunct Drive Direct in Barnsley they told me services were around £130... and I believed it...

Took it to Wakefield Diesel Centre with the blessings of Fiat UK (with regards to warranty). Only trouble was they couldn't reset the service alert.

Thanks for this thread - I now have a garage much closer to home that's earning itself some rep! I live Rotherham/Rawmarsh side of Barnsley so sounds a lot closer to me!

Like I said ,they were spot on with me, for 30,000 mile full service they asked £190(y)

Hi this one is for moogs.

Which garage is it you are using as I acn not be bothered to deal with Autoworld anymore.

Info would be appreciated as my Stilo is soon in need of a service.

Ta

Blot51

Back