Panda Not starting intermittently

Currently reading:
Panda Not starting intermittently

Artyfact

hi,
I’m a newbie, I have a fiat panda eco 2009 which is not starting every time. The earth lead has been replaced at a garage and I’ve put in a new battery but it still doesn’t crank, just a whirring noise with all dashboard lights on fully. It starts off and on. At present it didn’t start so I will wait and try later or push start it but it’s in a public carpark.

Ye! It’s quite faint whirring, not clicking. The dashboard lights are all on, it’s a new battery and a new earth lead. It didn’t start several days ago and I called the RAC and as soon the guy arrived it suddenly started so bought a new battery and things were ok for a bit but now won’t start again!

I got it started! It feels like the charge from the battery is not always reaching the starter motor, leads frayed or something. It won’t be easy trying to sort myself so it’s the garage again on Monday! I parked in a carpark over a quarter of a mile away so if it doesn’t start again I can get the RAC to tow it to the garage.

It could be a weak starter. But if the battery is going flat, a weak alternator is more likely. I'm sure the garage will check both.

okay for a bit after a new battery

the obvious place to start is by trying to start it using jump leads

pretty much gaurentee if you dont have any someone close by can help

Back