Noob with a Seicento...

Currently reading:
Noob with a Seicento...

DonnaSeicento

Hey im Donna and i live in Falkirk, just picked up my new Seicento Sporting from Kent last week, currently got a Civic Type R but just took a deposit on it as im going back to education full time so it would just be sitting on the drive doing nothing all week and i wanted to free up the money

This is my 5th Cento, had 2 Cinq Sportings and 3 Sei Sportings, you could say im a bit addicted :lol:

Just sold my Kandy Red Cinq, it was a 1242 conversion with 35 bhp shot of Nos and too much Ice, now got the Seicento which is more my Style :cool:

Here is a pic of my Cinq at the SpeedFest event at Knockhill recently:

CinqatKnockhill.jpg

Here are some pics of my new Sei Turbo

sei7.jpg

sei8.jpg

seiT-1.jpg

Its a 1.1 Sporting with the Van Aaken High Boost Turbo conversion, good fun, it currently is dropped on Spax adjustables, and the Abarth alloys have been powdercoated antharite.

Ive bought some Cobra buckets which im going to fit asap and im going to put in either red Cinq Sporting seatbelts or get a set of harnesses.

Anyway enough of me rambling on, hope to catch up with some of you guys at the next meet :D

Donna

blink_82uk said:
the Van Aaken High Boost Turbo's are pretty rare arent they?? las ttime i looked Van Aaken weren't even doin them anymore

Yip theres not too many of them about now, this car was converted by the 1st owner when it was 1 week old :lol:

Thanks for the welcome and nice comments guys :cool:

My Type R should be away to the new owner on Wednesday night so that will let me get the Sei out again, not been out for over a week in it now :(

So was DonnaC from CTRO days, short for DonnaCivic?
DonnaChink perhaps? Can understand why u never used that tho lol folk would get the wrong impression

nickyboy said:
So was DonnaC from CTRO days, short for DonnaCivic?
DonnaChink perhaps? Can understand why u never used that tho lol folk would get the wrong impression

My surname begins with C so i used donnac as donna always seems to be taken on forums :lol:

blink_82uk said:
any more pics of you old cinq?? any interior shots of the seicento? which do you think is better out of the 2?? sorry for all the questions they all jus came into my head at once lol

Hi ive got some pics of the Cinq but not of the Sei yet, the Sei is totally standard inside though, Abarth seats etc and a little boost gauge :lol: , ive ordered my subframes so i should get my buckets in soon so will get some pics from there.

Here is some of the Cinq, its the one that was in Fastcar, belonged to Falkaraki Tony who was a writer there at the time

cinq2-1.jpg

cinq1.jpg

new_cinq1-1.jpg

fccinqy02.jpg

fccinqy05.jpg

new_cinqice.jpg

new_cinqseats.jpg

cinq2.jpg

cinq.jpg

And here is my Civic, the new owner collects here tomorrow :(

AugHTUK.jpg

Too be honest i prefer the Seicento's to drive, they just feel better for some reason, and a bit more modern inside etc, like both but would always choose a Sei abarth over a Cinq :cool:

Cheers

nice cars, the quality of work on the cinq looks superb.

think i seen your ctr in stirling last week (well it was a red un with white wheels).

seicento look awesome fun, a turbo cento is on my cars still to own list.. lol

That cinq looks brilliant, although i dont see the point of loads of ICE and a more powerful engine, the extra weight would surely cancel out the power?

Tidy sei! how reliable has the van aken conversion been? had any problems with it?

Mrski1 said:
That cinq looks brilliant, although i dont see the point of loads of ICE and a more powerful engine, the extra weight would surely cancel out the power?

Tidy sei! how reliable has the van aken conversion been? had any problems with it?

Yup the Cinq was a heavy little thing, the original engine was an 899cc though so the cost of putting in the 1108 or the 1242 was the same so he went for the 1.2

And it seems to run well the Van Aaken, it was done when the car was a week old and has now done 31K, got a folder full or receipts for the owner in Jersey and dont see anything on there to say he had many problems with it :cool:

Ahhh 899cc with that weight would have been stupidly slow!

My sister used to work with someone from Bournmouth, he was on Fiat forum and had a turbo'd Cinq, not sure if it was Van AaKen though. He also had a Lancia Delta Integrale if i remember rightly!

Back