General Noob - Stilo Multiwagon windscreen

Currently reading:
General Noob - Stilo Multiwagon windscreen

agstilo

Hi,

First post, so please be gentle.

We've got a Stilo Multiwagon 1.9 JTD, which we've been very happy with. Last night I got in the car to drive home, in the pouring rain, and water dripped on me from the courtesy light - which leads to my questions.

Firstly, how do I remove the courtesy light cover - can't see anything obvious, and didn't want to poke too hard, as it's the light with the microphone for the Connect system.

Secondly, all the water seems to be in and around the courtesy light - anyone have any ideas where it's coming from? My guess is either due to the roof rack rails on the Multiwagon, or a leak in the windscreen seal, but if it's the roof rack rails, why does the water only show up around the light, and not the whole top of the window.

Sorry about the long post, but any help appreciated.

Has the windscreen been replaced that you know of. As generally it's my understanding that if the screen has been replaced it will more than liklek leak. Have you cleaned the gutters on the roof and the drains from the roof. I have a MW 1.9 JTD myself and everytime i wash it I generally try to make sure that the drains are not blocked.

Has the windscreen been replaced that you know of. As generally it's my understanding that if the screen has been replaced it will more than liklek leak. Have you cleaned the gutters on the roof and the drains from the roof. I have a MW 1.9 JTD myself and everytime i wash it I generally try to make sure that the drains are not blocked.

Not that I know of - we got it second hand, and it's only happened a couple of times, when the rain has been torrential.

When you mention the gutters, where exactly do you mean, as there's no obvious blockages.

Thanks again.

Do you have a skyroof? If so check for blocked drains there. If not then maybe aerial (water runs to the lowest part) or windscreen leak

photo045sh8.jpg
Here's a piccy of the roof light (ignore the red arrow) so you can see how it fits together. Models vary as to whether you have sky roof or alarms etc

Last edited:
Do you have a skyroof? If so check for blocked drains there. If not then maybe aerial (water runs to the lowest part) or windscreen leak

View attachment 48125
Here's a piccy of the roof light (ignore the red arrow) so you can see how it fits together. Models vary as to whether you have sky roof or alarms etc

I had thought about the aerial, but it's at the back of the car - no trace of water between it and the front, and the seal looks ok. No skyroof either. Which is why I reckoned the windscreen.

Thanks for the pic - I'll see if I can work it out - the manual didn't really help. :)

Just look at the windscreen itself. It should have the same brand name / markings on all glass. If the windscreen is clearly different to the door glass then it has been changed. Try pushing up on the inside top edge of the windscreen to see if it moves. A sure sign that the glue is not holding it.
If it is the windscreen, you should be able to buy some windscreen bonding glue from e-bay , pull back the trim and fill the leak from the inside. Be careful though, it is black messy stuff that will not come out if you get it on the trim. Also don't be tempted to use household silicon glue, which may work for a while, but will soon break down / leak again. Using Silicon also prevents you from using proper windscreen bond afterwards as it will not stick to silicon glue. The proper stuff is pretty awsome adhesive. It sticks to anything, is extremely strong and never comes off.

Just look at the windscreen itself. It should have the same brand name / markings on all glass. If the windscreen is clearly different to the door glass then it has been changed. Try pushing up on the inside top edge of the windscreen to see if it moves. A sure sign that the glue is not holding it.

The branding on the windscreen is different - just says Pilkington instead of Fiat by Pilkington. Haven't had a chance to check the movement, but looks most likely solution.

Many thanks all.

:)

Last edited:
Back