Nokia 5800

Currently reading:
Nokia 5800

majorj0nny

Ok - Ive got a nokia 5800 and it originally paired up to my punto evo blue&me system with no problem. I noticed at the time that the car could not recognise text messages on the phone - but at the time I seem to remember reading something here that suggested that feature was incompatible for nokia phones... or just the 5800? ... anyway, it worked fine for actual phone calls.

sometime in the past month or so, the pairing seems to have failed. Ive tried re-pairing today which works fine it seems. I can use voice commands again to make phonecalls - and it accesses my phonebook just fine.

the problem though, is that now once it starts ringing (if you make a phone call for instance) the volume is mega-loud, and it sounds horrible ... a really interferance sounding rough noise! ... when the person you are calling answers they sound no better.

so what the hell ?? Ive tried switching the car on and off, the phone on and off ... re-pairing again and again ... I cant figure it.

Hi the reason why its so loud when you anwer/call people is because it stays the same sound level when you playing the radio/cd/mp3. Not like the grande punto that had indiviual sound levels for all the different types of sound!. Which is a bit crap!

Regarding your SMS reading query, none of the later Symbian from Nokia phones are currently compatible with the message reader. Some Motorola and SE handsets work, as do some of the older Nokia devices. I've had various handsets for use on the B&M systems I've had over the past few years and not one of them have been compatible with the message reader.

It would appear to not be a priority to improve either :mad:

Back