NO WIPERS HEATER OR LIGHTS!!

Currently reading:
NO WIPERS HEATER OR LIGHTS!!

J

Jason

having a real headache with my p reg 1.4 brava
seems to have developed an intermittent fault where i lose all power to most things apart from the stereo horn and windows.
it seems to be something to do with the wiper stalk. its so hard driving at night with just sidelights. any ideas on a quick fix?

If you know that its the stalk id get to a scrap yard and wip one off a brava or bravo the all the same i think.

P010810_075601.jpg

Mr AA man got me going with a 'quick fix' when my stalks failed.
About half a dozen patch leads bypassing allsorts in the fusebox. Had to leave the fusebox cover off until I got it fixed next day because of all the wires sticking out all over the place.

Mark.
New Bravo (B2) 1.4 T-Jet Active 150, silver, 57 plate.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!
A battle of wits with the unarmed is no fun!

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists. Lapsed.

good olf mr AA man lol
Im suprised he did that as you wouldnt think he'd be allowed to due to safety etc

just go get any stalks from any bravo/a. but if you have a 99 onwards get one from a bravo/a the same age.

mine went on my 98 1.8 bravo, and i swapped them with a brava 2000 1.2 with no problems.

Only thing is the newer bravos have additional plugs, which i didnt need to plug into on mine. so if yours is a slightly newer car then just to be safe get one from the same aged car.

How do i remove the wiper stalks?

How do i remove the wiper stalks? I have managed to get the bottom half of the ignition casing off.as a temporary fix at the side of the road last night! the block connector is getting rather hot so i have a short somewhere. at least I can use the lights before i get chance to fix them at the weekend.dont want to mess about with it too much as need to get to work until friday.

1.take the steering wheel cowling off,top and bottom,
2.then you have to take your airbag off which is 2 allen keys on the rear of it.
3.once thats off you will see your airbag ring,you then have to unscrew that (normal philips 4x)
4.then you will be able to access your stalks. Dont forget to unplug the stalks.

i think that is all correct as going by memory when i got my s/wheel stalks working.

Mike

p.s make sure you disconnect your battery before doing it all.

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
FC Performance chip> 160bhp est.

Oh, your steering wheel has to come off which once you have the airbag off,you will need a 24mm socket ;)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
FC Performance chip> 160bhp est.

stalks

i have a 1,4s brvo my lights heater and wipers have also stopped working would it be a problem with my stalks

"i know you said replace the stalk,i cant work out why the heater blower has stopped aswell it not on the stalk and my wipers are on one side of stalk and my lights are on the other side"

You'd be surprised what a dodgy stalk can knock out. My heated rear screen also stopped working as well as the blower.

Mark.
New Bravo (B2) 1.4 T-Jet Active 150, silver, 57 plate.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!
A battle of wits with the unarmed is no fun!

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists. Lapsed.