Technical no real push in the van

Currently reading:
Technical no real push in the van

sparkyjo

i have had a 02 doblo for about 6 months and there has never been any real power in it but i just thought this was because it was a diesel and fairly heavy any one know what the loss in power would be caused by and my fuel consumption is really bad

also in the last couple of weeks my van has start getting a rittle under the driverside part of the engine but you can only hear it doing it when you rev in neutrel and when speeding up from slow and slowing down at slow speeds just getting very annoying though maybe the exhaust

any help greatly appreciated

i wouldnt expect anything in the way of push from a NA diesel they do not have enough power for the size and weight of the vehicle!!

as for the rattle maybe its the cat breaking up and restricting the exhaust?? my last peugeout expert 1.9d did this and it was very irratating to loose what little power it had!! and the fuel consumption went through the roof too!! or maybe some other exhaust problem!??

Yeh! its what I thought the 1.9 NA diesel is painfully slow father in law has a scudo same engine and its a pig. Reliable but so underpowered about 69bhp I think hardly any torque, compared to the Jtds and modern multijets which are a revelation by comparison its just a slow van.

As for the rattle sorry but one of many thanks,tappets may need adjusting try a fuel and injector clean always helps.:)

Back