No claims provisional license?

Currently reading:
No claims provisional license?

stu2525uk

Passed my test the other day and have been shopping around for insurance for my R- reg 1.4 brava.

The cheaperst I have probably gotten is around £1700 which is bloody nuts considering the car is only worth a couple of hundred quid.:bang:

So.....

I was wondering I had insurance last year with the AA on the same car with my dad (down as first driver 10 yrs NC etc...) and me down with a provisional license. Costing for that TPFT it came to around £630.

Now with me named on that policy for that year even on a provisonal license would that not count as 1yr no claim for me?:confused:

custard

nope.wasnt your policy plus as a provisional you were only driving supervised.
had you taken your own policy under a provisional they may have accepted 1 years NCD,wouldnt have been too expensive either without a full licence

I went with Admiral myself but while I was searching I found Quinn Direct would sometimes accept a 1 year NCB if you could send them the old insurance certificate as proof you were a a named driver on another policy with no claims.

custard

problem is if you move on the year before.the next insurer may not accept that 1st year NCD.
same as people on those 10 month accelerator policys

FDF

Marea Scrappaged :(
The cost of your insurance would probably drop if you did the pass plus course. You'll have to spend a lot of time on the web and on the phone talking to insurance companies, there are a lot of different factors they take into account. Congrats on passing your test.(y)