Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 00-01ish Alfa 156 1.6 Estate

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 98-01ish Volvo V70 Estate 2L Turbo

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 98-01ish C70 Coupe or Convertible 2L Turbo

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
well ive just found out my best mate has been GIVEN a Bravo 1.6 16v in :eek:limey/goldy green:eek: but hes got a scholarship playing footy in america which starts soon so i could try get the bravo off him cheap and abarth it up as it will by far be the cheapest option lol.. but if i could choose right now it'd be between the cinq (just got some new shoes ;)) or the Polo GTi as the Volvo will have service bills of the same as my car costs probably lol!

Alfa 156 Estate 1.6 16v 120BHP Ins grp 11 34mpg

that is **** poor, wheres the 265bhp 2.0 turbo engine that STILL does 38mpg when driven normally!!!
thats what I don't get about mid range/small engines, they drink shed loads of fuel for no GO!!!!

oh and dave...

100_2534.jpg

242-193.jpg

_merge.jpg

article_7888-img_0.jpg

article_7888-img_3.jpg

and as for your choice of cars, mmm, polo gti, I think not, too lardy, more of a SR, than a GT anything.

LUPO gti, however, MOAH LIKE IT, same engine, same output, smaller car, more noise, cooler seats, cooler styling, drove a 1.4tdi, then a 1.6 gti lupo last week, loved both, but I'd take the gti,
I think we're done here,

Last edited:
i voted the polo.. seems like a good balance.

would have said the alfa.. but NOT with the 1.6, that's a no no. if you get a 1.8 then yes.

the c70 also caught my eyes.. but the insurance is high and it's probably thirsty

Does anyone here actually know the problems the polo engines can have?

Have a damn good look round polo forums before buying one.

I love Vag, but I can safely say its an aweful cal. Cost, handling, reliability, comfort, lardiness. Its only saving grace is a revvy engine thats snappy off the line.

If you want that you might as well save a grand and buy a saxo vts :yuck:

Back