Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 98-01ish Volvo V70 Estate 2L Turbo

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 98-01ish C70 Coupe or Convertible 2L Turbo

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

CinqyAbarth

Drives A Red Cinq Abarth
Well October time is when my insurance is up..
Looking into options, im currently paying £850 for my Cinq Abarth TPFT, however looking into quotes the highest insurance for these cars is £1172 (C70) ranging down to £900, so not much of a jump! Plus payrise coming soon and maybe travelling more due to work so maybe a faster car for motorways.
Ive been saving up in the hope to get a C70 for a while, and with selling bits from the Cinq ive got a bit saved, plus savings in the mean time, add the money from selling the cinq and jetta, i should be able to afford decent examples of any of the cars..
Option 1:
Stick with Cinq 1.1 Abarth with new Lancia wheels (soon)
ShipSt.jpg
Insurance £575ish
Option 2:
Sell cinq, drive my Jetta 1.6 TX (currently being done up slightly with debadged grill, euro alloys, lowered etc) Insurance only £600ish
1.jpg

OR SELL BOTH AND:
Option 3:
00-01 Polo GTi 1.6 16v 125BHP Ins grp 11 40mpg cost £2.5-4k.. Inurance £956 & Keep std!
PoloGTi.jpg

Option 4:
98-01 Bravo 100 HLX 1.6 16v 103BHP Ins grp 7 37mpg cost £800-2k.. Abarth skirts, maybe euro wheels..
Bravo.jpg

Option 5:
00-01 Alfa 156 Estate 1.6 16v 120BHP Ins grp 11 34mpg cost £2-4k Standard (maybe smoked rear windows).. Insurance £975
Alfa.jpg

Option 6:
98-01 Volvo V70 Estate 2.0L Turbo 126BHP 28mpg Ins grp 11 cost £1-4k Standard (maybe smoked rear windows & T5 wheels).. Insurance £947
V702.jpg

Option 7:
98-01 Volvo C70 Coupe 2.0L Turbo 163BHP 25mpg Ins grp 14 cost £2.5-4k (4-6 for convertible :yum:) keep standard (not those lights but maybe T5 wheels) Insurance £1172
c70.gif

Vote guys!

Craig

Last edited:
If I ever get around to/can afford to replace the Stilo it may well be with a C70 T5 which is an indecently quick motor :D and a bloody good car all round - best looking Volvo ever IMHO, even accounting for the P1800 ;)
Don't touch the 1.6 Alfa Sportwagon - dull, dull, dull, dull, dull dull. Did I mention it was dull? The 1.6 engined 156 is the most underpowered Alfa I have ever driven (including an Arna) and the the good looks don't make up for it.

volvos are by no means boring, theyre just in a completely different class to fiats, weve had loads of volvos in the family and my boss and two directors at my company have new S80s and theyre comfy, quick (yes i know theyre big) and look the part.. Fiats are very fun to drive, my cinq is awesome cos you can throw it about but i dont really drive like that anyway so it doesnt matter to me.

Theres just a part of me that wants to get a bigger car, my sis is geting a cinq 899 soon anyway so i can play with that if i want lol, i love cinqs and i love the looks of a bravo (hence putting it up there) but a coupe or punto (except HGTs (cant afford insurance or car probs)) dont really do it for me and the imo marea (whilst in some cases looks gorgeous) is no way near as good looking as the volvo v70 or alfa 156 estate!

But the Polo GTi has always been one of my favourite looking cars (my old boss had one) so thats gotta be my joint favourite with the C70..

wot about a lupo gti? :eek: I was thinking about another car when my renewal comes up. A BMW 323 was around £700 on insurance but then again, I could save alot on insurance by keeping the cinq.

The Jetta... one because you already own it and secondly Vdub of that era was the pinnacle of what they achieved build quality wise (y) Else... high miles on the horizon, then seriously, do yourself a favour and go DIESEL! :D

not exactly high miles, just some trips to coventry or birmingham like once a month, and im going back to play county football (had to quit last year cos gearbox broke!) so training 2 nights a week and 1 or 2 matches a week about 35/45mins away or more! Used to do it in a cinq but with the 6 speed its more a short drive car ;)
My director looked at the company bank account yesterday and saw how much i get paid and said "is that all craig gets! :eek:" so i think i might get a nice payrise come review time so could poss. buy one of the other cars on finance and keep the cinq for a weekend driver and shows!
1242 in the cinq would cost just as much (if not more!) than the other cars i reckon!
I used to have a Black Jetta TX which we lowered, put some 14s on, debadged grille, GTi interior and big bumpers, this one already has the bumpers and interior so only debadged grill and some nice euro wheels and i think itll be done!
Craig

Get the Polo Gti.

All the rest are well, not fun.

If your getting a saloon get something quick, only the T5 and D5 Volvo's are quick, so ya know ;)

I've always wanted a Lupo Gti, but damn are they expensive, as others have mentioned.

yeah side view does actually. maybe thats why i like it so much. but it is a lot faster and guaranteed to be a lot more reliable than the stilo. :D

G'teed err NO! Previous boss had nothing but trouble with a V40 T4, a 24K company car he had from new! I nearly ended up running us up to Manchester for an xmas do in my Skoda Favorit Estate 'cause he had lost confidence in it (dash lit up like an xmas tree the morning after, he stopped the engine and then it took him 10 mins to restart it. Trip home incl. de-tour to his local dealer in Stafford to give them what for!!!) V50 that one of our reps was left sitting in the car park 'cause he threatened to torch it himself if it broke down once more on him at customers premises... I suppose you could say stilosporting that I have obviously been exposed to folk whom have had rouge cars and this has tainted my opinion, but pound for pound gimme a Stilo any day (y) Too much of a premium for the badge :)

Convertibles are cool

Dont get the polo, worst engine VW ever made. (in that model - they fixed it for the lupo) Timing gears literally fall apart as they tried making them from some lightweight nylon stuff.

Back