Panda Newbie

Currently reading:
Panda Newbie

andrea05

Hi there, I,my new to the sites.

We have a Panda active 2005 which we bought for our daughter (17). Great little car but yesterday when we tried to turn up the fan it stopped working completely!!
Could anyone give me any ideas on why this might be please?

Any help would be great.

Cheers Andrea

Unfortunately it didn't come with a manual.

Would you happen to know what fuse does that??

Thanks again
Andrea

I have an 06 Panda, so hopefully fuse layout should be the same.
Heater fan fuse is in the underbonnet fuse box, fuse F08, 30A rating. See pic for layout.

When you remove the fuse box cover, the fuse locations and little pics of their function should be shown on the inside of the cover.

You are looking for a 30A fuse, (green)

It would be a good idea to get a handbook. There's one on Ebay, but a bit expensive at £20 plus postage, and it is apparently a later edition that your car. Mine looks like the second pic below, and inside the back page bears the detail "Print no 603.45.744 - VIII/2004 - 3rd edition"
Ask your dealer, price may be ok, or silly.
The car registration document gives the previous keepers name and address, they've probably got it in a drawer somewhere. You could ask them.

Attachments

• PandaFuse.JPG
    PandaFuse.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • PandaHbk.JPG
    PandaHbk.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
Brilliant, thanks for that i'll go and check when it's home and I'll keep you informed!!

Cheers
Andrea

Thanks for the advise guys, the fuse had gone so replaced and it blew again. Now has a rubbing noise so I think the whole thing needs replacing. Would anyone happen to have a new fan assembly or have any of you done this before?

Cheers

Andrea

Looking at my Haynes manual, this looks reasonably easy. (standing on your head in the passenger footwell)

Disconnect the wiring plug.
Remove the retaining screw. (see pic)
Rotate the fan clockwise and remove.

If you're lucky, it may respond to a good clean and lubrication of the motor bearings with a very light oil.

I cannot find this listed in the Fiat parts listing, so a new one might be a challenge. Hopefully you can fix it as above.

Attachments

• PandaHtrFan.JPG
    PandaHtrFan.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 104
Update:
Have found the section in the parts listings for the motor. Retail around £120, but Ebay has a selection. The OE parts listing show several different ones, but they may be interchangeable. Try to make sure any off ebay are the same as yours if you need to replace.

Hi mate,

The easiest way to get at the fan is to remove the glovebox. Remove 4x screws and the big allen screw in the middle. You will have to disconnect the light and the passenger airbag switch. Make sure this ignition switch of OFF AND STAYS OFF throughout otherwise you will throw an airbag warning light.

Once the gloveox is removed, you will have good acess to the fan unit. Its located up to the right sort of towards the rear of where the headunit is.

Its fairly common for the bearings to get stiff (did yours squeak at all for a while proceeding the fuse blowing?) So I would recommend inspecting and lubricating your existing fan unit before buying a new one. If its stiff after lubricating, then its knackered. Also if theres lots of play in the shaft then its knackered.

DSC00003.jpg

Hope that helps,

Alan

Back