General newbie

Currently reading:
General newbie

nutty1

new to the fiat scene having owning many saabs a few alfas some rovers im just left with my mg zs so i thought id buy a bravo 1.6 sx! really impressed nice car fairly nippy (for what it is) just one problem when you start it when its warm it sometimes just starts rev to around 1300rpm then stalls? if you dab the throttle it returns to a steady idle?!?
Also i would like to lower and stiffen the suspension and fit a set of alloy wheels. i would like to go for 17'' with 205 40 tyres is this sensible will it rub? i plan to put a set of apex springs and shocks which will lower it 35mm? what is this combination like?

all help would be gratefully received cheers!

The engine is probably the idle control valve. Common apparently. Welcome too :D

I'm sure someone will be along with more help though

Sounds like it could possibly be lambda sensor related but I dont know enough about that to advise.

Someone like Jug will probably tell you more.

As for the suspension/wheels... 35mm and 17s on 205/40 should be fine, I dont see there being a problem there.

Welcome to FF btw :D

as said already, i'd see if the idle speed control valve actuator needed cleaning or the lambda sensor needed replacing, but its hard to say really. it sounds like the ecu is starting a warm engine in the cold starting strategy. that could also be due to a dodgy inlet air temp sensor or a dodgy coolant temp sensor.

Hello and welcome :)

I have Apex suspension and it's vastly improved from what it was, not nice over bumpy roads though! I think a few people have lowered with 17s on so it shouldn't be a problem. Have you got any wheels in mind?

Back