Panda Newbie with Panda clutch pedal problems

Currently reading:
Panda Newbie with Panda clutch pedal problems

Pink Swan

Hello everyone, I've been popping in the forum as a guest for the last year since I brought my used panda, which is an 09 plate. But now I need some advice please. On Monday my clutch pedal started to make squeaking noises, I took it to my garage and they had a quick look and greased it for me and said not to worry to much. Noise went away for 24 hours then came back so booked it in for them to have a good look and sort it out. Have got it back with no work done as they have told me that the problem is the pedal box which will need replacing and that this is expensive and that it will have to go to the main dealer, they can't do it. I've read other threads about the clutch and no has mentioned this. Please can anyone tell me if they are having me on, or if you have had to do this? It's got me a bit down as I can't risk breaking down with my 90 year old mum in the car.
thank you (sorry to be long winded)

Symptoms do sound like slave cylinder. Just done one on a 2004 Active, and groaning squeak has disappeared.
Part was about £30 and fitting took less than 30 minutes.

However, hard to diagnose accurately without being there.
Could be clutch, or pedal pivot.

Few questions to start with: What engine?
how many miles?
does the clutch feel heavy?
Does the pedal seem to stick slightly when down?
Does the clutch slip?

Hi, this problem mentioned many times in threads related to this.. Open the bonnet, have someone in the car press pedal on and off constantly, whilst engine running. Whilst doing this listen just below the battery, there is a slave cylinder attached to the top of the gear box, they only last about 35,000 miles approx, the rod rust up and seals wear. This is a common problem, the slave cylinder is approx £25, this can be replaced from removal of battery etc, approx 1hour job.. Don,t forget DOT4 brake fluid to renew fluid. Look in threads slave cylinder..

I'd be very surprised if the pedal box was cracking. But if it did, any competent mechanic can replace it.
Squeaky clutch pedal is most likely to be slave cylinder, or master cylinder, a few threads already, so have a search. Not a difficult job.

First task, is to find another garage. Your current one is crap.

Reactions: HP
Hi, Engine is 1.1. There is no problem with the clutch slipping. It's only the pedal making a noise with even my hard of hearing mum can hear. It's done just over 35,000 miles. When it first started it felt like the pedal now and then was hitting my foot as it came up, but that's not happening at the moment, which doesn't mean the problem has gone away. From the other threads on this issue I feel they didn't want to do the work so I will take it elsewhere. And yes Portland Bill I will take your advice and find another garage. Thank you to everyone who came back to me. I will let you know what happens.:p:)

. When it first started it felt like the pedal now and then was hitting my foot as it came up

Really points towards slave cylinder. Comes and goes, but sometimes ends up with clutch pedal staying down (usually at an awkward or embarassing time) until you press it again. It is a pretty simple & cheap job to do (or get done).

Back