Newbie with 500 battery drain issues

Currently reading:
Newbie with 500 battery drain issues

lev2312

Morning All,

I have a battery drain issue that is getting really annoying it's my first taste of a fiat it's my daughters car within 2-3 days the battery is dead I've repalced the battery to no improvement measured on a multimeter for parasitic drain not enough to drain that quickly its really frustrating. Anyone local to me who has the ECU reader to flag up faults and more knowledge than me would be useful postcode is CB9. Last shot before I have to take it to the garage. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, is the blue&me working? Is the odometer flashing? I had the same issue and it was due to a faulty blue&me module, I had to unplug it since I use a 3rd party radio with built in bt.

Hi, odometer is flashing blue and me not working maybe I'll give it a go unplugging it. Did you unplug straight from the blue and me unit itself

Yes, I just unplug the conector. In my case is a Panda Cross 312 and the module is under right front seat (passenger side since it's in Portugal).

Perfect thank you I'll give it a go. Believe its behind the panel near the passenger side rear seat on the 500

It seems to have worked diconnected the module on Friday and battery is holding charge and no excess drain on the battery when checked. Thanks for your help Tomdee.

Any other suggestions?? I have the same problem on a fiat 500, disconnected the blu and me. Disconnected a 3rd party stereo, took it to a fiat dealership and the diagnosis.. yeah it’s draining the battery 0.4 amps a day!! We have no idea why🙈 take it to an auto electrician they have better diagnostic tools. The only fortunate thing they didn’t charge me🥳🥳

Back