General Newbie twin air question

Currently reading:
General Newbie twin air question

bigbadpod

Hi, thanks for the add.
Just bought a lounge twin air 900cc for my daughter to learn in, needs a few wee bits and bobs done to it but smashing wee car. My question is, I've been looking for a Haynes manual for it, but can only see the 1.2 etc models covered, does such a manual exist in any shape or form? Or does the other one cover most of the relevant details? Thanks in advance, Roddy

Hi :)

Nobody has published a Twinair manual

I own a panda and punto.. this forum has good info covering most engine info :cool:

I take it your car is a 2 door 500 Lounge?

The 500l is an MPV (Popemobile)

The 2 door hasnt changed much since 2008...
Part of the reason I recently bought a 2018.. pretty well proven kit. (y)

Hi, thanks for the quick response 👍, yeah 2 door 2011. I'll go ahead and purchase the other manual then. Have to find out how to fix the horn ( not the fuse, checked)

Hi, thanks for the quick response 👍, yeah 2 door 2011. I'll go ahead and purchase the other manual then. Have to find out how to fix the horn ( not the fuse, checked)

Quite possible a poor connection..or a dead horn

Ive had both over the years on my FIATs

Search on here will find Horn info.. 500's are our most common car.. but with less enthusiastic members posting their little jobs

Tip: try driving forward at 5 mph..empty carpark ideally

Hand presessed on horn as you pivot steering lock to lock.. still dead

Ive had a wheel dead at one spot .. happened more than once :(

Quite possible a poor connection..or a dead horn

Ive had both over the years on my FIATs

Search on here will find Horn info.. 500's are our most common car.. but with less enthusiastic members posting their little jobs

Tip: try driving forward at 5 mph..empty carpark ideally

Hand presessed on horn as you pivot steering lock to lock.. still dead

Ive had a wheel dead at one spot .. happened more than once :(
Thanks, I'll try that, just to be clear, 'wheel dead' would indicate a fault in the steering wheel switch?

There is basically a rim and stylus that keeps electrical connectivity as the wheel turns

The 12'o clock..straight agead.. get 90% of its use.. I have had that wear until its dead :(

It is a quick 'tool free' check :cool:
Interesting. Big pita job to change it then?

Back