Newbie to Fiats

Currently reading:
Newbie to Fiats

Topsy500

Morning All,

I purchased a 2013 Fiat 500L Trekking 1.3 MultiJet on Tuesday for my wife as her BMW 1 series was coming to the point where maintaining was worth more than the car. Found the Fiat on line and was impressed with the space inside when I went to view. It is a fully repaired Cat N however there are a few little niggles here and there to be sorted which I look forward to. I always buy the diagnostic cable for any car I have so I can interrogate any faults and repair myself. Naturally I turned to google looking for the best package and that is when I cam across this forum. I read a thread about the MultiECUScan kit so I have purchased this one https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_FESPKG.html which will be here tomorrow.

I've been on the hunt for a service manual (Haynes only do the online one which i have heard negative thoughts about) with no luck so far. I need to know what oil etc is best so I can complete a full service and get a full list of all torque settings to satisfy my OCD so I'll keep searching.

Anyway, enough of my ranting, I look forward to interacting on here and hopefully in time being able to offer support to other newbies once I've learned and gained experience.

All the best

Topsy

Welcome to the forums! loads of folk on here to help with problems and share solutions or just chat/.rant! the more the merrier!
Sorry to say paper manuals are becoming a thing consigned to history! virtually all on line now! not a fan myself!- like to have a book with me for guidance when working on the car +SHOCK HORROR!!! not everybody WANTS a smartphone to download C**P onto and have BIG BROTHER follow you around for the rest of your life!

Back