500 Newbie Alert

Currently reading:
500 Newbie Alert

Welcome! Been out with the top down yet!?[emoji122]☀️

[emoji15] I drove out of the garage with it down ??... IMG_2029.JPG

Love the detail on yours !! Freddie my first Fiat was a lovely car BUT I’ve always wanted a convertible too! This one came up for sale so I went to JUST have a look BUT that turned into part exchanging Freddie for him [emoji15] This one is everything I wanted in a 500 only thing missing is the Apple CarPlay on the radio [emoji849] whoever brought him had all the upgrades you could think of BUT not the CarPlay added [emoji849][emoji849]

Love the detail on yours !! Freddie my first Fiat was a lovely car BUT I’ve always wanted a convertible too! This one came up for sale so I went to JUST have a look BUT that turned into part exchanging Freddie for him [emoji15] This one is everything I wanted in a 500 only thing missing is the Apple CarPlay on the radio [emoji849] whoever brought him had all the upgrades you could think of BUT not the CarPlay added [emoji849][emoji849]

Yeah mine came with extras too! I used to have a pop in silver but she was as basic as the 500 come!
I had the blue & me and I quite liked it and it did what I needed but no apple CarPlay

So I fitted a touchscreen with CarPlay & upgraded all my speakers plus I added a little under seat subwoofer for a little bass!

And I learned most of how to do it on here ... plus YouTube [emoji23]?IMG_5051.JPG

yeah mine came with extras too! I used to have a pop in silver but she was as basic as the 500 come!
I had the blue & me and i quite liked it and it did what i needed but no apple carplay

so i fitted a touchscreen with carplay & upgraded all my speakers plus i added a little under seat subwoofer for a little bass!

And i learned most of how to do it on here ... Plus youtube [emoji23]?View attachment 212095

IMG_4182.JPG

Nice colour indeed - welcome to the forum.

Regret to say one of our 500C's, the white Pop, is leaving us shortly. 'Her indoors' is returning to the Mazda fold with a new CX-3 Maxx Sport.

The little Pop has been utterly reliable, if unexciting, for its seven years and I'll miss it - but not its Dualogic gearshift!;)

'Black Pearl' isn't going anywhere (literally, at the moment!!), I've spent too much on accessories.:eek:

Attachments

• _20160814_000637-01.jpeg
    _20160814_000637-01.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
Nice colour indeed - welcome to the forum.

Regret to say one of our 500C's, the white Pop, is leaving us shortly. 'Her indoors' is returning to the Mazda fold with a new CX-3 Maxx Sport.

The little Pop has been utterly reliable, if unexciting, for its seven years and I'll miss it - but not its Dualogic gearshift!;)

'Black Pearl' isn't going anywhere (literally, at the moment!!), I've spent too much on accessories.:eek:

Black pearl is beautiful!!! I feel darker colour 500 garner much more attention than say “white” if I’m ever parted with my beloved Gucci (shudder) [emoji23]I would go for a black C for sure!

Black pearl is beautiful!!! I feel darker colour 500 garner much more attention than say “white” if I’m ever parted with my beloved Gucci (shudder) [emoji23]I would go for a black C for sure!

Thanks. I'd sworn never to buy another black car but in 2013 this was the very last Lounge to be available in manual down here, and coincidentally the last remaining 'Twinair' badged 500C with the red leather. I hadn't even considered a cabrio but after seeing this package I stumped up the extra five grand - I've never seen another like it.

There was a Gucci 'C' there at the time too - I didn't know only 101 Gucci's came to Oz or I might have been tempted...;)

Another view - taken with a real camera;

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 28
Thanks. I'd sworn never to buy another black car but in 2013 this was the very last Lounge to be available in manual down here, and coincidentally the last remaining 'Twinair' badged 500C with the red leather. I hadn't even considered a cabrio but after seeing this package I stumped up the extra five grand - I've never seen another like it.

There was a Gucci 'C' there at the time too - I didn't know only 101 Gucci's came to Oz or I might have been tempted...;)

Another view - taken with a real camera;

She really is a beautiful car!! Such a gloss on her paintwork![emoji122][emoji108] I’ve just used mcguires ceramic wax on my Gucci seeing as we have so much rain ☔️ here!

The water just flies off! As great as my white shines it’s not as shiny as the black looks

Yes I’ve seen the Gucci C in black ...... stunning ... I would just worry about the stripe fading on the roof that would be a sod to replace ... if even at all possible!

She really is a beautiful car!! Such a gloss on her paintwork![emoji122][emoji108] I’ve just used mcguires ceramic wax on my Gucci seeing as we have so much rain ☔️ here!

The water just flies off! As great as my white shines it’s not as shiny as the black looks

Yes I’ve seen the Gucci C in black ...... stunning ... I would just worry about the stripe fading on the roof that would be a sod to replace ... if even at all possible!

I don't believe the Gucci hatches sold here had a roof decal, only the side ones. It wouldn't have lasted long in our summer sun, especially on a black car! I used to see a black Sport occasionally on which the Italian flag roof decal was utterly destroyed.

Pearl lives in the garage which keeps her paint, and the fabric roof, out of the UV but I polish occasionally and treat the roof annually so the rain just beads and runs off. Stone chips and scratches are an issue as both reveal the light undercoat. On the other hand it's the only colour on which the mudflaps don't look 'wrong'.

I haven't used that Meguiars ceramic polish, would you recommend it? Can you use it over the vinyl?

I don't believe the Gucci hatches sold here had a roof decal, only the side ones. It wouldn't have lasted long in our summer sun, especially on a black car! I used to see a black Sport occasionally on which the Italian flag roof decal was utterly destroyed.

Pearl lives in the garage which keeps her paint, and the fabric roof, out of the UV but I polish occasionally and treat the roof annually so the rain just beads and runs off. Stone chips and scratches are an issue as both reveal the light undercoat. On the other hand it's the only colour on which the mudflaps don't look 'wrong'.

I haven't used that Meguiars ceramic polish, would you recommend it? Can you use it over the vinyl?

Yeah my baby in the garage too! Where I spend most of my time [emoji23]

Yes I would recommend!!! I bought it by accident before lockdown but so glad I did!

It’s fine on vinyl I’ve been using it after every other wash
It seems to have stopped the tar ect from sticking and the rain.... just beads like it’s on steroids ?

I’ve just been to Halfords and bought some more plus a whole load of other mcguires stuff! I’m an addict for their stuff for sure!

Lovely cars! I've been going topless in Sweden too ;) The car that is, I am not THAT Swedish We have such a short summer that I try to enjoy every moment we get of sun here .

@Piccolo Nero e Bella , do you have any recommendations for a product to buy for the fabric roof? Would be much appreciated. Tack

Last edited:
Lovely cars! I've been going topless in Sweden too ;) The car that is, I am not THAT Swedish We have such a short summer that I try to enjoy every moment we get of sun here .

@Piccolo Nero e Bella , do you have any recommendations for a product to buy for the fabric roof? Would be much appreciated. Tack

At the height of summer here you keep the roof closed!:eek: Otherwise mine is open on every trip, unless it's actually raining of course...

I too have tended to stick to Meguiars products since I bought this car though I used to use the 303 brand two-part convertible roof cleaner kit and would have liked to try Autoglym's similar product but neither is available locally any more. They're expensive, but it was only once a year and my seven-year-old roof looks like new.

The last time I used Meguiars convertible top cleaner and then their water repellent spray and results seemed satisfactory. I used the whole bottle of repellent.

Make sure the product you buy is for fabric and don't use a very stiff brush if you can avoid it - I agitate it with a towel. Pump-spray bottles are better for controlling over-spray. 303 recommend not to get their product on paintwork or rubber so I masked the edges first.

It's effective:cool:;

Attachments

• MJH00577.jpg
    MJH00577.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 14
Back