New to the BOO

Currently reading:
New to the BOO

B

Baz

Hi all,

I just signed up to the BOO and the other club thingy, and thought I'd say hi. I recently sold my FTO and I was a member of that club too so I thought I'd join here.

I recently purchased an HGT 155 in the dark red/maroon colour, which I'm quite pleased with. Nothing major on the modification side, some wolfrace alloys and a longlife exhaust system. Sounds nice, and looks nice.

I have questions:

Firstly - Where do people in the Bristol area take their cars to get serviced/tuned etc?

- From the few hundres posts I;ve read through on here, the HGT isn't the favourite model, is it alot less tuneable than the others?

- I would like some HID's, where can I get them from, and how much do they cost?

- Best Induction kit/air filter for the HGT?

- Best place to buy disks and pads?

- I need a new drivers seat, where can I get one?

That will do for starters. Thanks in advance

Welcome fella!

I bought my (pilot) HIDS off ebay, but you need to put Marea poly headlights on your car first, tis a job trying to find a set these days.

puntomatt_search_sig.gif

Hi, and welcome to BOO

i've had a couple of bravo's but neither were HGT's, so i'm just giving my opinion, or information to the best of my knowledge here:

Firstly - Where do people in the Bristol area take their cars to get serviced/tuned etc?
pass, i'm from Scotland. off to a good start aren't i! ;) seriously though, many tuning companies, like Angel Tuning, are mobile, and bristol is in their catchment area. I cant give them a personal recommendation though due to never having used them for tuning/remapping/chipping

From the few hundred posts I've read through on here, the HGT isn't the favourite model, is it alot less tuneable than the others?
The HGT is already quite far up the scale of diminishing returns, as far as increasing bhp goes. that means that every bhp you add, will likely cost more than the last one did. There are few simple mods that add much bhp, so any tuning is likely to be a major expense. something along the lines of cams, plus a dastek and rolling road tuning, which i guess is over a grand, and maybe gets you +25bhp?

I would like some HID's, where can I get them from, and how much do they cost?
Ebay is popular, but you need to find out who manufactures them, and who guarantees them. There are a few retailers online who sell them also, but cost a fair bit more than the Ebay sellers. As above, you MUST get marea polyelliptical headlights, or your HGT will fail its MOT, and dazzle everyone on the road. plus the output from hid through standard lenses is totally crap!

Best Induction kit/air filter for the HGT?
IMO, you'd be looking at a BMC Carbon Dynamics Airbox (aka BMC CDA) but that costs over £150

Best place to buy disks and pads?
That question really does depend on what you want. For standard parts shop4parts and buypartsby are your best bet online, though your local motor factor probably does something similar for a similar price. For 'uprated' stuff, like red dot disks and pads, or ferrodo DS2000 pads, you want to speak to Angel Tuning. You can see their discounted prices
Member Page

Thats great!

Thanks for your help.

I have cloth interior, and yes the seat is broken, it is almost like a rocking chair sometimes.

you aint the first, and probably not the last. :)

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

welcome to the club mate, good luck on sortin out your car and get yourself to some fiatboo meets, thes one i`ve posted up for the 18th of march if your interested

BRAVO, why settle for anything less.