Tipo New Tipo owner and member.

Currently reading:
Tipo New Tipo owner and member.

Inky65

Hi guys new to the forum, I recently bought a Tipo Cross 21 plate petrol and I’ve noticed it can get a little sluggish in 4th gear when doing 30mph. It feels like the power drops then kicks back in. Do you think it could be a blockage somewhere. I will be visiting the dealership soon to try rectify the fault. Anyone else had this problem.
IMG_2495.jpeg

Sounds normal for a turbo engine. You need to have the revs over 1700 for the turbo to do anything at all. 30 in 4th is asking a lot of it. Very under rated car I think
Hi thanks for the reply that sounds very plausible. There’s probably going to be a lot more drivers having similar problems with this new 20mph speed limit popping up everywhere.

I have the same engined TIPO cross. the turbo only really gets going at 2000rpm.just use 3rd not 4th. And ignore that the display is telling to change gear.
IMG_0005.jpeg

I‘ve also found mine is happier and about 10% more economical on super unleaded e5. Not as lumpy idling and pulling away when cold. Current tank on e10 is 41, but previous on e5 is 46.
I’ve done 10,000miles in it now in two years snd the fuel certainly makes a difference.

I have the same engined TIPO cross. the turbo only really gets going at 2000rpm.just use 3rd not 4th. And ignore that the display is telling to change gear.View attachment 430522
Thanks I have noticed it performs great on faster roads, I’ll definitely keep it in third on the slower ones. It’s a really nice looking car and definitely much better looking than the majority on the roads. I like the colour of yours it looks awesome.

I‘ve also found mine is happier and about 10% more economical on super unleaded e5. Not as lumpy idling and pulling away when cold. Current tank on e10 is 41, but previous on e5 is 46.
I’ve done 10,000miles in it now in two years snd the fuel certainly makes a difference.
Yeah I was told by a friend of mine to use super unleaded as he’s used it for years with great results.

I use the e5 ( mostly esso or shell) on all the cars. The only one that it didn’t seem to help with mpg was my previous daily that this TIPO replaced - a 1994 Mercedes E320 coupe. That usually averaged 26mpg over the near 60,000miles I did In it. That was navy blue too!
IMG_5611.jpeg

I use the e5 ( mostly esso or shell) on all the cars. The only one that it didn’t seem to help with mpg was my previous daily that this TIPO replaced - a 1994 Mercedes E320 coupe. That usually averaged 26mpg over the near 60,000miles I did In it. That was navy blue too!View attachment 430527
It looks really classy in blue, red wasn’t my colour of choice but I got a good deal so I didn’t grumble lol.

Same here, test drove a cinnamon/ taprica colour unregistered car with 7miles on it, this blue one was £8000 less with 5,000 miles on it. I like the garmin edition ones in dark green though.

Same here, test drove a cinnamon/ taprica colour unregistered car with 7miles on it, this blue one was £8000 less with 5,000 miles on it. I like the garmin edition ones in dark green though.
I have noticed some of the European models have a larger display on the head unit, it seems the UK tipo’s have the standard display and are smaller.

I think the 2023 year have a different shaped dash with the more prominent display. I think it’s 9inch on mine. I’ve only just found out I can use android auto and have connected my phone with that as well as blue tooth that I thought was it.

as I said I’ve had it two years now, and have seen one other ( a garmin) but that was when I was in my x1/9 in ascot.
i will be going to the Hampshire Alton meeting next weekend in it.

Back