New Sub

Currently reading:
New Sub

i have heard a few in halfords, and fli was crap lol, even my mates agreed lol iirc even sony xplod sounded better.

I work in Halfords - you can't tell what a sub sounds like in Halfords in our Audio Boards mate, their free to air behind them not enclosed so you'll never get their true sound. In the odd board there is an enclosed space but it isn't the right volume for the sub.

Ask anyone who does REAL installs, and they'll tell you the Fli is better than any 'package' you can buy for under £200 in Halfords... especially their own subs. Fli is just a brand of vibe, no less quality.

Another big part that plays in how good they sound is how they are set up, filters, gains etc. if it's not done properly it'll sound crap. My Fli sounded better than my mates £600 worth of install because he didn't have it set up properly - now obviously his sounds better.

Again another big part is the bit rate of the music, if you get bad quality music you get bad quality sound. Get good quality music 320kb/s + you'll get good sound. The only way to compare is to put them all in the same car, with the same headunit, and the same settings and the same music!!!

Chaos has heared my Fli what did you think?

Secondly:
with a chavvy fli sub
Having a sub does not mean your a Chav, especially a Fli. Do I look like a Chav?

Ask anyone who does REAL installs, and they'll tell you the Fli is better than any 'package' you can buy for under £200 in Halfords... especially their own subs. Fli is just a brand of vibe, no less quality.
packages are crap though, buy a jbl sub, box and jbl amp, and i bet it would knock the socks off any fli and be under £200

Chaos has heared my Fli what did you think?
chaos said previously-
I'm not a real fan of Fli stuff, so if it were me I'd avoid. I would go second hand, or if it had to be new, look at another brand. JBL I would recommend from experience, although I have heard very good things about Magnat subs.

Secondly:
Having a sub does not mean your a Chav, especially a Fli. Do I look like a Chav?
because all my chavvy mates have fli, so i now see them as the chav sub

All my chavvy mates, well not mates people I know, unfortunately have a Punto... But I'm not calling you a Chav :)

Chaos is the man for this kind of stuff, so I was just asking him what he thought of MINE when he heared it :) I know he doesn't like it... just wanted his view.

wow, well when it came to it i had some advice and help of Luke (thanks mate) and its the best i could get for the money, now beau i could easily show my friends a pic of your car and all they would scream is CHAV, now that is the truth.

Fli is excellent quality due to it being made By Vibe who are also excellent quality, fli is a company by vibe but for the lower end of the market but they still dont hold out on the quality.

anwyays im happy and ill post more pics tomorrow i hope :D plus what i think :D

Chaos is the man for this kind of stuff, so I was just asking him what he thought of MINE when he heared it :) I know he doesn't like it... just wanted his view.

Put it this way, you can do a lot worse than the Fli gear, but at the same time you can do better new (IMO). I prefer the sound of the JBL GT4 over the Fli equivalent. You should decide with your ears though (what sounds really good to me might not necessarily sounds as good to you) and try to see if you can audition any subs/speakers you are interested in buying if at all possible.

It also depends on the situation that the sub would be in. Oz, for example, needs to remove his sub on a fairly regular basis, so something compact would be needed, which the active Fli is.

If you want a simple and easily removable all in one solution, then it'd be worth looking at an active enclosure (this doesn't apply to just the Fli). However, it won't be the last word in SQ or SPL and I would be looking at getting separates if an active setup is not required.

I don't hate Fli stuff, it's just that I think you can do better for your cash :)

Last edited:
i have heard a few in halfords, and fli was crap lol, even my mates agreed lol iirc even sony xplod sounded better.

i have a sony xplod sub and amp, at the moment and are really good! what system have you got beau? as you seem to know what is best?

i have a sony xplod sub and amp, at the moment and are really good! what system have you got beau? as you seem to know what is best?

i have alpine 9807rb headunit, sony xplod 6.5" speakers (they came with my old punto gt), jbl 6x9's, picking up a vibe 2x50wrms amp tomorrow hopefully (it was £20 :) i wouldnt normally buy vibe but £20 for new, then (y) ) for my front speakers.

in total cost me about £60-70 :)

i have alpine 9807rb headunit, sony xplod 6.5" speakers (they came with my old punto gt), jbl 6x9's, picking up a vibe 2x50wrms amp tomorrow hopefully (it was £20 :) i wouldnt normally buy vibe but £20 for new, then (y) ) for my front speakers.

in total cost me about £60-70 :)

u cant really go having a go at somones sub when you have 6x8s. which are just filth.
my mate has a fli 12" in his fiesta, he is as far from a chav as you can get, and the sub sounds good, it even looks nice in his boot build, sunk into a carpeted false floor all backlit in red. it makes for a clean and tidy build.
i personally like the shape of the enclosures aswell, seeing as they save a lot of space aswell, and they look a bit different. i wud half think about just getting an empty fli box or 2 to use with different subs, simply cos of the shape.
and you have put your neck on the line here mate, its a bit of a no-mans land doing up your car when you cant drive, especially when youre not even 17 yet
i stopped myself from buying all my stuff before i passed, money is important for LESSONS and TESTS!!!

and you have put your neck on the line here mate, its a bit of a no-mans land doing up your car when you cant drive, especially when youre not even 17 yet
i stopped myself from buying all my stuff before i passed, money is important for LESSONS and TESTS!!!

well im nearly 17, im not really modding my car any more tbh, im just servicing it etc.

and im having my lessons etc for bday pressie :)

u cant really go having a go at somones sub when you have 6x8s. which are just filth.
my mate has a fli 12" in his fiesta, he is as far from a chav as you can get, and the sub sounds good, it even looks nice in his boot build, sunk into a carpeted false floor all backlit in red. it makes for a clean and tidy build.
i personally like the shape of the enclosures aswell, seeing as they save a lot of space aswell, and they look a bit different. i wud half think about just getting an empty fli box or 2 to use with different subs, simply cos of the shape.

i think we should finish this "argument" with, each to their own. sorted.

:yeahthat: Everybody has their own opinion and seeing as nobody knows the financial circumstances and space available nobody can slate anybody else's equipment. People say mutant suck but I bought it anyway as it was cheap and cheerful and I love it, it sounds awsome compared to other stuff. However I have heard the same set-up in a punto and it sounded crap. Its all to to with sound quality on disk, Wiring quality, Amp settings etc...

We could do this ->:bang: all day but it won't get anybody anywhere, lets just say herpsuk, hope you enjoy the new sounds(y)

well i have had it done and my face looks like this now > :D

but my head feels like this :bang:

set the gain and frequency in the workshop it was done in and drove home with it like that, wasnt even half and it was punchy as hell, id recommend it :D

of to do more work on it

J

w00t ive been busy :D

10052007109.jpg

more info HERE

J

Back