New Sub

Currently reading:
New Sub

My New sub i picked up today
Fli Trap 10 Active Single
Hope the pictures are ok, they were took on my phone :cool: (pictures were auto resized by the website :(

flitrap1.jpg

flitrap2.jpg

flitrap3.jpg

Taking in car tomorrow to get them to install the power cable as i cant find a way to route it my self, nore can my dad:(

anyways shud be good when its done :cool:

dont like :( sorry but i hate them tbh, they sound crap.

yeah, they do, should be enough for a panda though.

if i was going to get an active sub:

it would have to be the vibe CBR12 evo.

dont like :( sorry but i hate them tbh, they sound crap, if you bought it on the cheap fair enough, thats cool, but if you paid full price :(

come back when you can drive and when your actually of age and not chavving your car up while its sat still:p

yeah, they do, should be enough for a panda though.

if i was going to get an active sub:

it would have to be the vibe CBR12 evo.

not got panda anymore crashed it :( got a pug 106 but i just cant leave the forum :p

vibe wudda been nice but i dont have the money for one atm (and if i did i cudnt spend that much as i dont make much atm), gonna get it working and get a wood floor in the boot etc, make it look nice lol

J

Everyone says they're crap but they ain't! Especially now they're ported on the new models!

I've tried the CBR12 Evo in work and even one of our new members of staff who's spent 25 years doing installs for rich people (you should see some of his work!) said the Fli 12 Active sounded much better, both SPL wise and in it's Volume.

To be honest, the CBR12's disappointed us all when they came in!

Don't worry mate, I'm sure it'll be fine for your Panda, heck I've got one in the Doblo and it does fine even at loud volumes... yeah it's not like having 2 1000w Kenwood's in there, but for £60 it's never let me down ;)

come back when you can drive and when your actually of age and not chavving your car up while its sat still:p

well 1. i can drive, just not very well yet :p 2. its only about a month away. 3. im not the one with a chavvy 106 with a chavvy fli sub :p

and there crap value for money, for what they cost you can get quite a decent, sub, box and amp.

chavvy 106? it looks completely of chav, its standard atm, ive changed NOTHING on it, hmm yeh looks chavvy.

so what do you do with your car again? sit on the road revving it? how fun and not chavvy, anyways my thread :p

well the saxo is one of the chaviest cars ever, and its based on the 106, so therefore, chavvy car :p

what do i do with my car? i drive it around on private land :cool: :) so indeed, its great fun :slayer:

well yesterday i spent hour n half trying to install the cabling, tried to do power cable, stripped the car to bits and could find one way to route it, good job my floor aint rusty otherwise my fist wudda gone through it;) got a little stressed lol

anyways got an auto electrician doing it on tuesday hopefully :D so im happy and i got my parcel shelf coming tuesday as well, so im doubley happy :D

anyways got an auto electrician doing it on tuesday hopefully :D so im happy and i got my parcel shelf coming tuesday as well, so im doubley happy :D

how much they gonna charge? why not just do it your self, when i was thinking about an amp i just saw masses of wires etc, but then i actually sat down and looked and its easy peasy and i did it in about 30 mins.

Originally Posted by herpsuk
its eays peasey to do, wudda been easy in the panda or similar but in my peugeot 106 there is no where for the cable to go from inside the car to the engine bay. spent hour and a half trying to find a way

do the simple thing ,get your cordless challenge drill out,drill a hole up behind passenger foot well . stick a rubber grommet in,and away you go!

as for coming back when hes legal age to drive .... thats mean ,im still 16 :bang: but im doin more work to my car than u can shake a stick at (y)

Originally Posted by herpsuk
its eays peasey to do, wudda been easy in the panda or similar but in my peugeot 106 there is no where for the cable to go from inside the car to the engine bay. spent hour and a half trying to find a way

do the simple thing ,get your cordless challenge drill out,drill a hole up behind passenger foot well . stick a rubber grommet in,and away you go!

as for coming back when hes legal age to drive .... thats mean ,im still 16 :bang: but im doin more work to my car than u can shake a stick at (y)

its sorted now anayways,will eb done teusday :D

hmm well the loonger you stay on the forum the more you will understand what ive said to bow lol

J

Think he meant enough Wattage for the cars size:D Not the people who drive them.

I know loads of people who have those subs and none of them ever complain, they're excellent value for money and they sound well above average. Get the settings right on your amp and it should sound very decent indeed(y)

I know loads of people who have those subs and none of them ever complain, they're excellent value for money and they sound well above average. Get the settings right on your amp and it should sound very decent indeed(y)

yeah i know several people with them too, and they think there great, but thats cos they have never heard any other ones lol, i know i aint heard many, but when iv heard these fli subs, i just thought the sound sounded a bit mashed/messed up if you get me.

i have heard a few in halfords, and fli was crap lol, even my mates agreed lol iirc even sony xplod sounded better.

Think he meant enough Wattage for the cars size:D

Ask dumdum if that's enough power for a Panda in his opinion - the answer would be nope, nowhere near enough :D

Wattage is a little indication of how loud it'll go, how good it'll sound etc etc. While you need power (and lots of it) to get really loud, for most installs ina daily driver, it don't really matter all that much.

Back