General New Stilo or not?

Currently reading:
General New Stilo or not?

dave_dph

I am in the market for a new car! I currently have the 1.2 three door on a 53 plate which was pre-registered and about 7 months old when I bought it, it only had delivery milage. I have driven Fiats for many years and to be fair this one has served me well, it's just time for a change.

I have been looking round at various makes and models but for some reason I always come back to Fiat! I have found some pre-registered 1.4 Stilo's for between £8500 and £9000, all registered early 2007, with only delivery milage. Apart from the narrow footwell in the Stilo, the only thing that's putting me off is the depreciation. When I phoned one of the dealers he said that he didn't want my car and I would be better off selling it private, he then gave me a lower than book price trade in figure.

What do you guys on here think? Is it wise to buy a "new" old model car? I have no issues around the 1.4 engine as I only do town driving and currently only have the 1.2. Having said that, the 1.2 still performs well on the motorway.

I can't make up my mind!

Hi Dave 8.5-9k for a 1.4 stilo? I think it is way too high, bearing in mind you can get 1.4 Bravo for around 10K and it is a current model. Not try to steer you away from the stilo, I have a jtd myself and same as you, it has serve me very well so far, but if you paying that amount of money, you might as well buy the current model with a little bit more.
as for the stilo, I will not pay more than 7k for them due to there are only couple years warrantly left.

I agree Stilo's will be fun from now on because you can get them for peanuts! If you pay proper money for one you'll lose a fortune.

How about a GP? They are not much smaller in terms or usable space and will keep their value miles better.

JON

Thanks guys, I hear what you're saying!

Back to plan B, the Grande Punto 1.3 Mulitjet Dynamic - depending on the deal etc. I'll have another look at Arnoldclarke.com and see what they've got.

If only Fiat had retained the 1.2 16v in the GP I'd be well pleased.

that is a very high price for a 1.4 :rolleyes:

for that price i would get a grande punto 1.4, or even a panda 100 :D

ot have you thought about a diesel 150 stilo - fun fun :devil:

If I had £9K to spend on a car, I wouldn't buy a new anything, especially fiat. You can get a very nice Audi A4, BMW 3 series, Mini, VW golf, etc. for that kind of money.

If I had £9K to spend on a car, I wouldn't buy a new anything, especially fiat. You can get a very nice Audi A4, BMW 3 series, Mini, VW golf, etc. for that kind of money.

A4, 3 series mini and golf are nice cars.........:confused:
well, with 9k, you can get all of above, but they wll be at least 4-5 years old and/or low spec, beside, they will be out of warranty.

i have too been looking around for a new car and have twice come back to looking at stilos- mainly jtd 150 variant, however the crap money i was offered for mine has put me off.

Looking around today, nothing entertained me, at all. My main problem is that i want a 3 door car, bravo is 5 door, focus 3 doors are like rocking horse poo (and i havent been impressed with a focus so far).

Today i looked at a new shape seat leon TDi but the interior is so bland, what is going on with that big grey bland centre console?

and its was a 5 door.

i have too been looking around for a new car and have twice come back to looking at stilos- mainly jtd 150 variant, however the crap money i was offered for mine has put me off.

Looking around today, nothing entertained me, at all. My main problem is that i want a 3 door car, bravo is 5 door, focus 3 doors are like rocking horse poo (and i havent been impressed with a focus so far).

Today i looked at a new shape seat leon TDi but the interior is so bland, what is going on with that big grey bland centre console?

and its was a 5 door.

Hey BBS, I have order my Bravo last week, Mjet150, same as you, i always have 3doors car but I change my mind since I drove the bravo.
how about 147? btw, my JTD is for sell.....:devil:

Audi is OK, but new or old you can keep the others :p

Certainly agree you can save shed loads buying used though (y)

I wouldnt spend 9k on a stilo the residual value isnt good, infact its bloody awful, the new punto and bravo look lovely though id look in that direction if it was me, or what about a newish alfa 147?

8-9K is too high - I bought a brand new 1.6 dynamic 3 door off jamjar.com in 2003 and the basic price was only £8500.....I think you could get one much cheaper.

I'm looking at the Grande Punto 1.4 8v Dynamic Sport, brand new for £8999. Thats straight from the main dealer, not a pre-reg and about the same price as jamjar. Good spec for the price.

Going for a test drive next week.

Back