New speaker's, which to get?

Currently reading:
New speaker's, which to get?

It's not that hard mate, should be reasonably obvious when you pull door card off and cables should easily fit under trim that runs along side of car.

what about the amp? do i wire that as if i was wiring a sub amp in the boot? then from that run up front to the front speakers?
and do i go past the door, to the front wing, then in to the doors through the electric plug bits?

Wire the amp up like you would a normal one. Get 10 meters of speaker cable and run 5 meters down each side from amp in the boot to the crossover in each door. Then wire speaker to crossover and tweeter to crossover. Run RCAs from another preout on your HU to amp aswell and thats basically it.

Wire the amp up like you would a normal one. Get 10 meters of speaker cable and run 5 meters down each side from amp in the boot to the crossover in each door. Then wire speaker to crossover and tweeter to crossover. Run RCAs from another preout on your HU to amp aswell and thats basically it.

easy as that! nice one mate. i thought thats would be the case! should make a significant improvement which has been long needed! cant wait! just need somewhere to mount the crossovers

already got the rca in the boot spare from when i had 2amps previously.

come to think of it.. could i use my jbl gto2000 400w amp to run the new speakers? seeing as iv got 2 of those amps in my garage

easy as that! nice one mate. i thought thats would be the case! should make a significant improvement which has been long needed! cant wait! just need somewhere to mount the crossovers

already got the rca in the boot spare from when i had 2amps previously.

come to think of it.. could i use my jbl gto2000 400w amp to run the new speakers? seeing as iv got 2 of those amps in my garage

Yes if they have a HPF (y)

^^ What he said. Basically i think you amp has a switch that will say HPF/OFF/LPF you want the HPF then set it to 80hz upwards depending on your taste.

That means that you will have to split the signal for your RCA's to run the 3rd amp and you are now getting into 0 gauge wiring Territory.
I may be sorting a group buy for O gauge kits soon (y).
Im not sure which make yet but i will write to a couple of manufacturers after the weekend.

Quick question which is sorta relates. Was looking at the Hertz Dieci 16.5 components (i like orange lol). Would the SPL's be better across the full range but particularly bass? Also, would both be suitable unamplified for the moment (until I get more cash), i will be running them from a Sony headunit (I know, my dealer put it in).

Not much difference between the two IMO. Ive not heard either TBH but going from what i know about the two makes the Hertz will be more Sound Quality orientated and the SPL's would swing towards the Loud side.

Got it all fitted today!
Took all bloody day!

Cut the wholes for the new tweets, perfect fit and look very OEM.
I mounted the crossovers to the door unerneath the door cards, again to keep it as neat as possible, The tweeters were to big to go in the door in the usual place, and i had already shaped the holes for them in the plastic cover, so believe it or not i had to actually grind the holes in the door to be big enough for the tweeters to fit!

Took the rear seats out, and the rear door cards off, and i nearly had a heart attack... the rear speakers were still covered by a white plastic gaurd, so none of the speaker was visible.

It had writing on in italian.. a rough translation is "cover for transport, remove to install" so Fiat had left these covers over my rear speakers.. no wonder they were so bloody crap!

anyway they sound amazing! miles better than before, and the vocal is so clear and peircing, it screams right through the bass which used to be overwelming!
Im glad i got round to this! my only regret is not doing it sooner, for the price i highly recommend the SPL stuff i got.. cheers for the recommendation Stuart :)

It took most of the day to sort it all. Still not got te rear seats back in, i'll sort that in the morning..

cheers for the help Swin and Todd ;)

Back