Currently reading:

EvoStevo

Established member
Hi folks, how about a filter on new posts?

Such that when hitting the new posts link it displays only new posts from forums that a user chooses in their CP?

That way a user can select only forums that they are interested in (there can be some compulsory ones not available to be deselected) so that they have a reduced new posts result that is more appropriate to them?

I have used this on other forums in the past and it was very useful.

(y)

Hi folks, how about a filter on new posts?

Such that when hitting the new posts link it displays only new posts from forums that a user chooses in their CP?

That way a user can select only forums that they are interested in (there can be some compulsory ones not available to be deselected) so that they have a reduced new posts result that is more appropriate to them?

I have used this on other forums in the past and it was very useful.

(y)

but then we want people being active in forums?
what happens if you could answer a query for someone in a different section?
I replied to a Multipla query the other day. not a section I frequent often,but i saw the post on new posts
(you can exclude spamalot though)

Last edited:
but then we want people being active in forums?
what happens if you could answer a query for someone in a different section?
I replied to a Multipla query the other day. not a section I frequent often,but i saw the post on new posts
(you can exclude spamalot though)

This. I often find myself looking at (and answering) posts in sections I wouldn't normally frequent were it not for the New Posts.

But not everyone will be able to or want to read or reply to posts in other sections.

Am just suggesting it for those that don't want to see multiple pages of new posts that they may not want to know about, this does not stop them going into the other forums.

If that was applied then no one would of found this thread
363lol.gif

But not everyone will be able to or want to read or reply to posts in other sections.

Am just suggesting it for those that don't want to see multiple pages of new posts that they may not want to know about, this does not stop them going into the other forums.

well go to the section you want to see
If most members followed your line,how many would have site ideas in their choices?

Advanced Search.

Find threads with - (At most 0 replies)

Search in forums - (select the ones you want.)(y)

Edit: Then add the link in the address bar to your custom links.(y)

Dom

Last edited:
If that was applied then no one would of found this thread
363lol.gif

They would have, as this would be one of the forums that are excluded from the filter.

But hey, its only a suggestion based on what I have seen and used on other forums.

Back