Styling New Panda 4x4: any tips, accessories?

Currently reading:
Styling New Panda 4x4: any tips, accessories?

We love the Allier, the least populated area of France. Should have been at Bourbon L'archambaud this year if it was not for the dreaded covid
Another Colin

Yep, I know Bourbon well, our house is in Saint-Aubin-le-Monial! We were supposed to go over earlier in the year, but about a week before we were to head off we went into lockdown. Did manage to go for a couple of weeks in August. Heading there again in December for Christmas, hopefully.

Don't know St-Aubin-l-m but we used to camp regularly at Coulevre and just amble around the Allier on my wife's scooter. A truly relaxing holiday. Have also been to some motorbike rallies in the area

I do a lot of outdoor work and found the sills were getting scuffed by muddy wellies and the bumper edge by just about everything! These all came from Fiat dealers via eBay at much reduced prices (bumper guard a bargain £20). They are all actually made by a U.K. company called Reargaurds - they still list the bumper guard but not those for the sills as a stocked item.

Howdy all,

Thought I'd update this to say that the company mentioned by Herts Hillhopper (Richard Grant Mouldings a.k.a. RGM a.k.a. www.rearguards.co.uk) still makes the bumper edge and door sills, even though they may not be listed on their website. It took a little time as they had to make them, but they are perfect. :) Thank you again for the terrific tip!

It was a treat to deal with that company, Janet in particular, highly recommend them.

What I paid:
Rearguard GBP 39.96
Four sillguards: GBP 29.30
Shipping to France: GBP 20.00

rearguard-and-sill.jpg

Did you get a response from RGM regarding posting to France?

Hi Colin,

Yes, just replied in the previous post.

Where are you in France btw? We've a house in the Allier (Dept 03).

Close to Briançon, in the Hautes-Alpes (05). Living here is new to me, don't know your region at all or most of France for that matter.

Howdy all,

Thought I'd update this to say that the company mentioned by Herts Hillhopper (Richard Grant Mouldings a.k.a. RGM a.k.a. www.rearguards.co.uk) still makes the bumper edge and door sills, even though they may not be listed on their website. It took a little time as they had to make them, but they are perfect. :) Thank you again for the terrific tip!

Really glad to learn they can still be supplied - even, apparently made to order! One comment I will add is that the black plastic of the bumper guard of mine has faded a little where its exposed to the sun - not to such a degree that it bothers me. I hadn't really noticed until the boot was open the other day.

Really glad to learn they can still be supplied - even, apparently made to order! One comment I will add is that the black plastic of the bumper guard of mine has faded a little where its exposed to the sun - not to such a degree that it bothers me. I hadn't really noticed until the boot was open the other day.

How long has it been on there? I'm going to put some GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer on mine when I get them. I've used it previously on faded trim and it's fantastic, pricey though.

- Colin

Got my All Season tires fitted yesterday (Goodyear Vector 4Seasons), reversing sensors and camera fitted a few days ago, the rubber mats, seat cover, boot liner, leather key fob case (better quality than I expected for £7), the Panda B pillar badge and am about to order the sill protectors!

How long has it been on there? I'm going to put some GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer on mine when I get them. I've used it previously on faded trim and it's fantastic, pricey though.

- Colin
Been fitted for about two years, car lives outside so always exposed to the sun (if it shines). i will wipe a bit of tyre wall shine on it at some point - that works well (as do most things with a bit of silicone in them - such as Mr Sheen!). WD4) does a pretty good job too (but doesn't have silicone in it)

]Richard Grant Mouldings[/URL] a.k.a. RGM a.k.a. www.rearguards.co.uk) still
Rearguard GBP 39.96
Four sillguards: GBP 29.30
Shipping to France: GBP 20.00

Great prices and reasonable carriage cost too. Great deal.

Re Hertshillhopper's fading plastic
I use Autoglym paint seal (Gold bottle) on the whole car and an very pleased with the results. Does a great job on the paint (after clay blocking) and also all the plastic trim. Our oldest car looks like new after a full treatment. I was very surprised at hoe good it is on the black plastic.

For a quick and reasonably long lasting job on the plastic bits also recommend Armour All Shield. its the best thing for black plastic at giving a nice new look and does all the rubber trim too. It also works on really bad aged stuff like magic. Its only draw back is it does show water runs on the paint work. Armour All shampoo with shield seems all that's needed to keep the shine rolling for month after month. Its a remarkable product and highly recommended if you like the water beaded look. Easy on and fairly easy to polish up too.

Last edited:
Got my All Season tires fitted yesterday (Goodyear Vector 4Seasons), reversing sensors and camera fitted a few days ago, the rubber mats, seat cover, boot liner, leather key fob case (better quality than I expected for £7), the Panda B pillar badge and am about to order the sill protectors!

I am looking at reversing sensors and camera too. Do let us have a pic and let us know what makes you have and how you get on with these. Thanks

Picked it up yesterday. Drove about 200kms to take it home, mix of freeway and mountain roads. Loving it so far. :)

Gorgeous little car. Hesitated between this toscana green and the colosseo gray, but all doubts have vanished.

This morning we had the first frost — there was a decent coat of it on the front windshield. Turned on the heated window then took a moment to look something up in the manual. When I looked back, everything had melted. Hope that magic still works when the ice is thick.

Knew it wasn't a speed beast, which suits my driving style and insurance needs: the insurer sent me a spying device that plugs into the OBD port. At the end of each month the insurer refunds you up to 50% depending on how you drive. Needed that as I don't have a driving record in France. On their website you can lookup your grades on each of your drives — both fun and spooky I guess.

Will post other picture once the wingbars are mounted. Wishing you all a fun weekend.

Day-2----17-Oct-2020.jpg

Looking good! Perfect terrain for that little motor!!(y)

Loads of good tips for a new 4x4 owner here, thanks!

I’m looking to get a boot tray or liner for our 2013 4x4, whose existing boot floor is rather bent - something heavy was put on it that pushed the centre down into the empty spare-tyre well, and it won’t bend back quite flat.

So I want something fairly rigid to go on top. It’s hard to tell from pictures how sturdy different boot trays are. e.g. there’s a “PANDA 4X4 | PANDA CROSS BOOT PROTECTION LINER CARGO TRAY” on fiat-accessories dot com (sorry, I can’t post proper links yet!) What’s it made of?

Any other suggestions for sturdy boot liners welcome!

If it's the OEM one, it's a very thin plastic, I have it as it's better than the otherwise very thin carpet, but now my tool bag has to live under the driver's seat.

The bits I fitted that I'm happiest with were the sill protectors and the boot lip protection.

Loads of good tips for a new 4x4 owner here, thanks!

I’m looking to get a boot tray or liner for our 2013 4x4, whose existing boot floor is rather bent - something heavy was put on it that pushed the centre down into the empty spare-tyre well, and it won’t bend back quite flat.

So I want something fairly rigid to go on top. It’s hard to tell from pictures how sturdy different boot trays are. e.g. there’s a “PANDA 4X4 | PANDA CROSS BOOT PROTECTION LINER CARGO TRAY” on fiat-accessories dot com (sorry, I can’t post proper links yet!) What’s it made of?

Any other suggestions for sturdy boot liners welcome!

As mentioned already, the genuine Fiat part is thin and quite flexible - but it needs to be to bend it to fit into the boot, and is very well worth adding (I have one). But, a question: why is the wheel well empty? It should have a polystyrene housing in it with emergency tyre inflator kit etc, or, if you're lucky, a space-saver spare. Each of these provides some support to the boot mat and tray... in the case of the space saver it actually sticks ups a bit, so the mat/tray tends to bend upwards rather than sagging.

Last edited:
But, a question: why is the wheel well empty? It should have a polystyrene housing in it with emergency tyre inflator kit etc, or, if you're lucky, a space-saver spare. Each of these provides some support to the boot mat and tray... in the case of the space saver it actually sticks ups a bit, so the mat/tray tends to bend upwards rather than sagging.

Yeah, it’s just empty. The dealer did give us a new tyre inflator can, given there wasn’t one, and I’ve ordered a petrol funnel off eBay.

It did come with a full-size spare wheel and tire that the previous owner had bought… which is what was sat in the boot on the drive home, and which caused the current boot mat to bend into the empty wheel well!

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s just empty. The dealer did give us a new tyre inflator can, given there wasn’t one, and I’ve ordered a petrol funnel off eBay.

It did come with a full-size spare wheel and tire that the previous owner had bought… which is what was sat in the boot on the drive home, and which caused the current boot mat to bend into the empty wheel well!

You have been robbed. Go tell them as the underfloor container is missing you anticipate they will be filling that hole with a wheel and tools. If they don't play ball nicely ring Fiat customer services.. They don't seem to mind at all putting things right at this level as they make the dealer pay for everything...... and you should get what you paid for.

Back