Panda New owner and impressed

Currently reading:
Panda New owner and impressed

Good clour for hot places. If you have air con check the condenser rad as these seem to fail. Ours disintegrated just after purchase. Also the dampers may all need doing, again ours - the same age - were totally shot. Rears are very easy to change and both can be changed in half an hour. The fronts are a bit more taxing but the reyruns for restoing the ride are worht the time or cost. Monro make the originals and the replacements I fitted are excellent and decently cheap. Our 2011 car has now done 35000 miles of very mixed motoring and my daughter loves it to bits. The 169 is just such a happy car and seems to just get on with whatever is asked leaving a smiling driver. I hope yours gives years of good service. You will see advice to clean and lube the front brakes at least once a year. This is sound advice and again is only a few minutes work each side.

One of my neighbours has a later model Panda Cross 4x4. He says it's like a mountain goat - goes anywhere and far better than the BMW he gets via his job.

The front bumper hides all sorts of handy stuff, so it's well worth taking out all the bolts and coating them with anti-seize paste and removing the whole bumper. There are bolt(s) going up into the wing panel and along the bottom of the radiator frame. If needed, you can get new M6 chimney nuts on eBay for not much money. Refit with heavy duty penny washers (check the space) anything too big wont go into the wing panel space.

Back