General New owner 4*4 panda!

Currently reading:
General New owner 4*4 panda!

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce my self as a new fiat panda owner, I have ever confidence ill be using this forum more and more often as I look for parts and words of wisdom.
I was looking around for a runner some time ago as a winter car but nothing turned up in my price range. Hand on heart I wanted a 4*4 one as well which were impossable to find at the time.

So today driving to the sea side as a day out, I spotted my new love at the side of the road, its unloved, untidy, ugly, but she starts, stops, runs, and the 4wd gear is great.
She has 54k miles but she is worse for ware at the moment :(

Here she is!

DSC_9778.jpg

DSC_9779.jpg

DSC_9780.jpg

Here she is above, parked up next to our 500 and fiat coupe 20vt

She is already in my little workshop @ 6pm. I have taken her for a quick drive around the estate and she is bloody great, i'm happy that the engine and running gear are sound.
Tomorrow she will be on axial stands and striped of her clothing to see what horrors lie beneath. All said and done however after a screw driver session, its all cosmetic :D

So, Hello! I hope to meet all you panda lovers soon

Yes indeed, a very rare Panda you've found there. Good luck with the restoration, I'm sure we are all ready to chip in with information if we can.

Pandamonius_maximus also has a Mk1 4x4 (y)

Cheers,

Plug

Well when it is on the road I reckon it will be worth a fair bit, there was one on eBay a couple of weeks ago that hadn't been on the road for 15 years and it sold for £620:eek:

With it being a Mk1 you will find that some bits are quite hard to find, mainly thing like lights and trim etc, also 4x4 specific bits like shocks and springs etc are usually pretty expensive(n)

Its got leaf springs on the back!? :D

I can see me having some fun with this one, I need to strip it and see what's going on before I commit to a parts list. I'm hoping it will see the road with in 6 months before winter at it was a little harsh on my coupé and the 500 is useless in the snow

I know I need a boot lid and the bonnet is 50/50 as its got quite a few dents in it

Jeez a MK 1 4x4!!!!...Welcome indeed..(y)...A fantastic find..Please keep us updated as you go along..A winter car???..the 2wd's are as good as the 4x4's in the snow..plus you wont want to get all that salt on it!!

Kev

Last edited:
WOW 4x4 MK1....rare!!
Looks not but...how about interior...it's the most difficult to replace/restore I think...
(y)

The interior is toast :( Im going to clean up a section as best as I can and see if I can find a fabric match. Or as close as I can at least.

I hate to say it, but my mum is a dab hand with that kind of stuff and it should be *easy* to take them all out and get them back to good

I can only repeat what's already been said, fantastic find and just about as pure and original a Panda as you can get. Look forward to seeing progress on this little beauty.
I may be changing the seats in my Seat Terra in the near future, the originals will fit a MK1 Panda so if the material is to your liking you're welcome to use them.

Back