Technical New member and new Doblo

Currently reading:
Technical New member and new Doblo

Broadpete

Hello everyone.

I thought I'd say hello as I collected a new 1.9 (120) Dynamic Doblo today. Only driven the 60 miles home but enjoyed the trip. It was like sitting in my living room there was so much space. Fab views coming over the Woodhead Pass as well.

I'd had a 1999 Saab 9-5 2.3 turbo auto estate, so not much of a change then!

Bought the Doblo as I'm an antiques dealer and need the space and wanted more than 26 mpg with the Saab. Also expecting our first child in March so thought the sliding rear doors would be a big help. I'm 6'4" with a dodgy back.

I had a Renault Traffic van before the Saab. I enjoyed that and wondered why most cars are so complex and over engineered, so thought I'd try a van based car - after trying a Peug Partner on hols.

Looking forward to lots of help here as we we settle in together.

Dark Grey metallic. 57 plate (pre reg 1 mth ago, 5 miles) 120hp Dynamic for £9500 taxed for 12 months from Picadilly Motors in Knaresborough. Seemed fair to me.

Mangoletsi at Knutsford looked cheaper, if only they could manage to work out if they had one in stock, but such a simple task seemed too much for the lazy 7 sales folks last weekend (when I was the only one in the place!). Good sales service from Nick Jervis at Picadilly.

Lets hope its the start of something beautiful and longlasting!

Hi Pete and welcome to 'club Doblo'.
I don't think you could've got a much better price for the model you've bought.
Mine's got the same engine but it's the Family model. It certainly is a nice engine, quite revvy but plenty of power.
Bought mine from new and the only problems I've had are the ocassional warning light coming on for no reason and then re-setting itself.

Hope you have many trouble free miles with your Doblo (y)

Dark Grey metallic. 57 plate (pre reg 1 mth ago, 5 miles) 120hp Dynamic for £9500 taxed for 12 months from Picadilly Motors in Knaresborough. Seemed fair to me.

they are a really nice garage (y), my granny and grandad live in knaresborough and have used them for there last 4 or 5 car purhcases so they are doing something right :D

nie sounding doblo you got :p

Hello everyone.

I'd had a 1999 Saab 9-5 2.3 turbo auto estate, so not much of a change then!

Hi everybody,

I thought it woeuld be a good idea to use part of Peter's post to also introduce myself to the forum. The reason being that I too sold my '99 Saab 9-5 2.3 turbo estate and got a Doblo. Mine is also a brand new from Fiat a Cool Jazz Blue (as they call it) colour with the 105hp Multijet in Dynamic specification. I got it a month ago but the Doblo (quickly christened Diablo) immediately embarked on a charity convoy to an orphanage in Vilnius, Lithuania. Now with over 2200 km under its belt the Doblo drives smoothly and received a Becker MD stereo in place of the factory Blaupunkt unit and the factory boot liner (quite practical for carrying muddy prams and a X-mas tree).

Hope to get along well with you people here and wish everybody a great 2008.

Marcin

Hi Marcin - Well it looks like you started a trend! (an unusual one at that!). I felt some mysterious power was driving me to leave behind the leather seats and wood trim. Seems it got to you too.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas day.
PETER

Hi
I have had the Doblo for 3 weeks now and from same garage and Nick salesman. I px'ed a C5 so slight change now more space but a little less mpg. I live in Harrogate so garage local will be using for service hope as good as sales.
----------------
Tom McGhie Doblo 1.9 (120)

Hi Tom. What colour did you choose? The fuel consumption does seem a little disappointing (from reading the forum...I've not done any real miles yet); which is surprising since it is quite a modern engine and has a good reputation. Is it the aerodynamics that punish-it? I doubt it is any heavier than a C5. Still, it should be comfortably more than the Saab 2.3 petrol auto!

PETER

talking of fuel consumption, I had a trip up to Birmingham yesterday (watching Bristol city get thrashed by the Baggies :() and I could only get about 30 mpg at about 75 mph.
This is absolutely terrible and I am now convinced it's because I've left the box section roof bars on.
I could hear the wind whistling through the bars and I was having to press the throttle further and further driving into a light headwind.
I'm going to make sure the roof bars are only in place when I really need them from now on and see if my mpg improves.

Hi
I got a Black Rockabilly I think. MPG is abit low still about the 40mpg as reported by others on Forum. The Doblo is abit lighter than the C5 I am hoping to tow a boat shortly so will see how it goes with that on back.
Tom

To be honest, I don't think I realised quite how big the Doblo is (!) when I made the comment vs. the C5. I had been thinking about buying a Partner/Kangoos etc and knew the Doblo was a bit bigger. Then I saw one parked next to a Renault Traffic (Transit sized van) and the Doblo was almost as tall! I'm just finishing my first tank full with computer showing 42.6 (and climbing) although I know the computers tend to be optimistic.

I get the initial impression that going over 60mph on the M'way kills the consumption, but pottering around town it does better than I expected. Perhaps having the 'aerodynamics of a brick' explains that?

Only one little (sort of) gremlin so far - the low brake fluid warning light comes on when turning right at any speed. I guess the level is a bit down with the brakes bedding-in. It goes off as soon as back on the stright.
The only other thing I've noticed is truck drivers seem to flash me when I pull back in - like they did when I owned a proper van. They consider me a 'trucking-brother'.

Happy New Year to fellow "Dobites". (Is there a proper term?).
PETER

Only one little (sort of) gremlin so far - the low brake fluid warning light comes on when turning right at any speed. I guess the level is a bit down with the brakes bedding-in. It goes off as soon as back on the stright.
PETER

Hi Peter sorry for digging up an old thread. I have the light coming on when I go round a right corner but garage tells me the levels are ok. Did you get to the bottom of your problem?
Funny it never happens on a left bend...

On the 2 x 04 plate ones we had, the light came on when pads were worn down on the 07 we still have it does not.

Back