New Member - Advice on a Seicento?

Currently reading:
New Member - Advice on a Seicento?

9Freedman9

Hi guys, I am going to view a Seicento Sporting this weekend and to be fair, it looks pretty clean, lowish miles and only two lady owners, I currently own and have done for two years a Saxo VTR, and I have had nothing but grief, 4 gearboxes in a year mainly, and the attraction from the Police due to the way it looks.

What should I be looking out for with these Seicento's? Any knows faults with them? What are the pro's on them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ta. :)

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-faqs/94829-buying-seicento.html

Plenty of threads in cento section also regarding buying advice but FAQ pretty much covers it

Nothing much really different to looking at any second hand car, just check all the same areas - tyres, bodywork etc

I would go in with the mindset that this car has been pottering about town and hasnt done many long journeys with 2 lady owners and lowish miles

I would certainly be checking the condition of the brakes and clutch, no doubt both been used a lot in town

Visit the cento section for more threads and info

If it is the car for you i would also be tempted to give it a basic service once purchased - fluids and filters etc

Also the gearboxes arent bad on these cars so it would be very unlikely you would need to change it, unless modifying, you certainly wont be changing it 4 times

Dont be expecting a similar performance you get from your VTR, but you should expect to see a good ride, almost 'go-kart' esque and it will no doubt put a smile on your face

Last edited:
Back