Technical New JTD Owner

Currently reading:
Technical New JTD Owner

Just as an aside, My mw jtd today posted 13.2 secs 40-80, i hope that helps. 4th gear 40mph boot to floor on flat road.

Last edited:
I haven't done the 40-80 for some in standard form so perhaps my 15sec figure is a bit pessimistic :chin:

Still, I think you've proven Stuart's motor isn't mapped

thank god lol, i wudnt be able to aford the insurance lol. i''m waiting for the garage to call me back in the next few days when the guy i dealt with is next in. hopfely they can get it sorted but as its a stilo and they are never straight forward im' not holding my breath for any fix first time around.

Still, I think you've proven Stuart's motor isn't mapped

and that i cant count accuretly in my head lol.

thanks for you help guys, i'll re-post as the situation developes.

cheers

Last edited:
right, i give them my car back and they looked over it. They said the problem was caused by a seized wastegate which they've now cleaned and unseized. I thought i read some where the stilo's don't have waste gates but they could be meaning the overboost valve. Hope this solves the problem, i havn't given it a good hamering yet to see if its cured but the turbo does seem to sound a little sweeter. do you guys think that cleaning it was a good idea or should it have been replaced, i mean as long as its fixed it doesn't really bother me.

cheers for all your help

As you say they certainly can't have cleaned the wastegate as you don't have one so I presume they were referring to the actuator. :chin:

Never heard of these needing cleaning - and would think it would be tricky to do anyway - so perhaps they meant the EGR valve :confused:

Best to just keep an eye on it I guess

Try and make the error happen again. If it does, and I can't stress this enough, take the car back to the garage and either get it properly mended or get a refund.

Just before I had my Stilo JTD I bought a Renault Laguna, had it for a day and it blew its turbo. Potential mega cost. Fortunately the bloke was brilliant and took it back in my case.

Good luck!

Back