Technical New Haynes Manual for Panda - online

Currently reading:
Technical New Haynes Manual for Panda - online

A question that's been asked many times here is "is there a Haynes Manual for the Panda 312/319?" They answer has always been 'no'. But now, Haynes have released a whole new online range called AutoFix, which provides model-specific information for a much wider selection of newer vehicles. You have to pay to use it, but its a one-off fee of £25 (per model I think). I've not taken the plunge yet, but did previously pay for the online version of the manual for my Volvo V50, which was very good indeed. You can preview some parts for free -- here's the link for the diesel (because that's what mine is) https://haynes.com/en-gb/fiat/panda/2015-13-diesel-426242 -- but you can start at the home page to select other makes and models https://haynes.com/en-gb/car-manuals-1

Last edited:
Well if its anything like the online Manual for the C3 picasso then it's a waste of money.
The Picasso one is so bad I've made a complaint.
EG. No wiring diagrams, no dismantling procedure, very poor diagrams, no torque figures bar the basic ones and H&S warnings everywhere. Not a patch on the old paper books.
Not even a section on body or getting access to the radio aerial!!

Last edited:
I certainly do want a manual, but I want a PAPER one.! Is that too much to ask

yes you dinosaur.... You'll just have to get one of these and print it! Its the new way. Forget the password and wave bye bye to your £25...

I do completely agree. (I'm a dinosaur too) Its a case of go in with your eyes open, expect not a lot and hopefully there's something useful. It does appear to allow the sale of sub standard info or so it seems. You pay first and then regret it. I hate this!

I find the old Panda Manual is still helpful as much is the same, or near enough. A bit of body info would be useful though but it appears that this may not be included per Murph310 which would make it of no additional value.

HH have you invested?

Last edited:
I certainly do want a manual, but I want a PAPER one.! Is that too much to ask

It is in this day and age you struggle to find much technical information for many cars these days especially in printed form it's nearly all online only

Could be worse Tesla restrict evething and will block super charging on cars that have had serious done outside of there workshops

I'm glad there are other dinosaurs out there.,
Pandas and dinosaurs are a match.
Dinosaurs rule yeah
On-line offers, only should be aware of the strength of the "Grey Pound"

...HH have you invested?

Not yet, but might try (there's a discount offer for those -- like me -- who had the PDF version of the full printed manual for another car.) Looks like it may not cover the 4X4 system elements, and maybe as a result not the pesky rear brakes either.

Note: Haynes make it clear these new manuals are not based on them doing a complete strip-down as previously. They are instead a mix of photos they have taken and drawings and details supplied by the manufacturer. That should mean in this case that they contain elements of the eLUM system used by the Fiat garages themselves. I suspect its rather like the AutoData system that independent garages have access to, which also uses a lot of manufactures information normally supplied to their own dealerships.

They are keen to make sure you realise that you are NOT buying a full repair manual... screenshot below. The 'list of topics covered' goes here: https://haynes.com/en-gb/autofix-faqs

Attachments

• Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Not for me, if paying ,

I want to be able to tear it apart and reassemble from ground up, wiring as important as brakes system. need to be able to sort any problem as it comes up.

I'm time served Mechanic by trade, little out of date, know the fire engine well

So as some one famous said, I'm Out!!

Hi.
One issue with the Picasso is poor radio reception. The aerial no doubt has a preamp but the manual says nothing about ICE or the antenna. There is nothing about how it's wired or how to remove the headling to gain access. In fact YouTube is now the best resource for many car jobs, I always give the thumbs up to those that record good videos that help others...... The breakers yard tradition lives on with YouTube.

Hi.
One issue with the Picasso is poor radio reception. The aerial no doubt has a preamp but the manual says nothing about ICE or the antenna. There is nothing about how it's wired or how to remove the headling to gain access. In fact YouTube is now the best resource for many car jobs, I always give the thumbs up to those that record good videos that help others...... The breakers yard tradition lives on with YouTube.

With you there. Though there are also some excellent mockeries. The best is Ichiban. You may enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bN9sHL-hjs

I might keep my Panda for many years and do all my own repairs so decided to splash out and give it a try. My first impressions are that it has what I need. I've got enough experience that I don't need basic guidance. What I really want is the technical information like torque specs.

I've had a look at some things like brakes and suspension and the technical diagrams seem really good with all the torque specs I need there.

I might keep my Panda for many years and do all my own repairs so decided to splash out and give it a try. My first impressions are that it has what I need. I've got enough experience that I don't need basic guidance. What I really want is the technical information like torque specs.

I've had a look at some things like brakes and suspension and the technical diagrams seem really good with all the torque specs I need there.

Hi.
Glad it has what you need. Perhaps PSA are more reluctant in sharing diagrams. Funny though the online Haynes manual or the C3 Picasso doesn't show the headlining or the antenna but the French Car Forum guys got me everything I need from the official Citroën manual!!!!

Back