General New Ducato

Currently reading:
General New Ducato

wildbilly

Hi

I have recently bought a new 2012 motorhome on a Fiat Ducato 2.3. The dealer did not give me any books etc for the base vehicle. When I went back he gave me a users book, a service agent book and tht was that. Nothing about Fiat assist etc. Shouldnt I have heard something from Fiat by now, (5 weeks later).

Bill:confused:

Hi
Welcome back to the forum
I don't think that there is a "book" as such relating to the Fiat Assist in itself, maybe a card with the contact details when help is needed but you should have a Ducato owners manual, a Warranty/Service booklet & a manual for the Sound system, Maybe an operational manual for the AMT if it is fitted with the robotised transmission
Most importantly you should have a second set of keys, a card with the Sound system 4 digit unlock code along with its serial number, & most importantly a "credit card" type card with the Electronic & Mechanical code for the Vehicle Keys & Remote
If you don't have these last items for your particular vehicle I wouldn't leave the dealer until I had then in my hand.
Try here for PDF versions of the relevant operating manuals if you can't get the hard copies from the dealer (why not :mad:) - http://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/SelectModel.aspx?markID=5&languageID=2
There are also X250 owners/operational manuals for download in Ducato downloads section on the Fiat Forum (link at top of Ducato Index page).
Again if nothing else you must get the card with the electonic & mechanical codes for the keys if in the future a new key or remote is needed & the unlock code/serial number for the sound system otherwise if you have a flat or a disconnected battery for some reason you won't be able to unlock the radio.
Hope that helps (y)

Thanks for that.
The vehicle did not come with a fiat sound system so no need for an unlock code. However, I did not get a key card, perhaps I shall get back to the dealer.

Thanks again

I understand that in the UK the dealers don't hand over the key card (for security reasons...i.e. people leaving them in the van etc) but you have to take proof of ownership to them to get new keys cut (apparently they get the code off the computer from the VIN)

I,d insist on having the card for convenience although an autolocksmith will be able to extract the pin and if necessary the mechanical code and cut a key for less than the price of a new one from the dealer anyway.

I have e-mailed the dealer for the key code. I have read the handbook supplied by the dealer and it does not confirm that the engine of the vehicle is a Euro V engine. Does anyone know how I can find this out? I could take it to the local Fiat Dealer and hopefuly they should tell me but I am hoping that I could check by looking for a telltale sign or digit on the engine serial number.

Hi Wildbilly.
You are probably sorted by now, but your van should have a black dashboard if it is a Euro 5. Try this site if you do not already have it.

Back