General New Doblo camper

Currently reading:
General New Doblo camper

swfilms

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to join the community and introduce myself as the newest member of the Doblo owners club! I bought this 2003 high roof Doblo with a camper conversion last week. The back seats have been removed and replaced with a bench that can be converted into a full double bed.

Perfect for me for storage space for equipment for work, and a good excuse to take some trips away from the big city every so often! I've got a load of further modifications I really want to do it to (currently working out a way of converting those benches into seats that would be legal on the road - if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!) as well as a few fancy touch-ups, but for now I'm just excited to have a Doblo and be part of the gang!

Simon

Attachments

• IMAG4041.jpg
    IMAG4041.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
  • IMAG3760.jpg
    IMAG3760.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG4037.jpg
    IMAG4037.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG4034.jpg
    IMAG4034.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG3768.jpg
    IMAG3768.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 81
Hi,

We solved the rear seat conundrum by designing the units to be removable and bolting back the seats when needed (which is rare)....that doesn't help you much though.

A mod that is well worth doing is to build a 9mm plywood shelf under the crazy big window above the front seats (at about the height of the ceiling in the non high roof version). At the front of the vehicle it locates on the lip just above the plastic shelf above the windscreen and to the rear is fixed to a 30mm tube which spans between the rear sliding end stop lumps (just above driver/passenger head). This makes useful space to stuff clothing/bedding etc and somewhere to hang a curtain from at night.

Cheers

Ron

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to join the community and introduce myself as the newest member of the Doblo owners club! I bought this 2003 high roof Doblo with a camper conversion last week. The back seats have been removed and replaced with a bench that can be converted into a full double bed.
I'm just excited to have a Doblo and be part of the gang!

Simon

Hi Simon, and welcome to FF, :)

lovely looking 'van:cool:

Charlie - Oxford

A mod that is well worth doing is to build a 9mm plywood shelf under the crazy big window above the front seats (at about the height of the ceiling in the non high roof version). At the front of the vehicle it locates on the lip just above the plastic shelf above the windscreen and to the rear is fixed to a 30mm tube which spans between the rear sliding end stop lumps (just above driver/passenger head). This makes useful space to stuff clothing/bedding etc and somewhere to hang a curtain from at night.

Thanks Ron. Could you send some pictures? I like the sound of what you're talking about.

Cheers
Simon

Hi,

Photos below. You can just about get the idea.

Made up some cardboard templates of the shape then careful measuring & cutting etc.

The stainless tube is bolted to an existing hole in the door mechanism lump.

Some of the ceiling panels have to be taken down, I ditched the old fixings, replacing them with M4 rivnuts into the holes in the bodywork, short M4 bolts and screw caps.

Cheers

Ron

DSC00656.JPG

DSC00692.JPG

DSC00696-001.JPG

DSC00681.JPG

DSC00700.JPG

Back