New Corsa

Currently reading:
New Corsa

hmm a quick shufty through autotrader confirms although your looking at P plate cars in Bmw and Audi with 100k+ while even alfas with just over 70k and FASH go for 700 quid..

hmm a quick shufty through autotrader confirms although your looking at P plate cars in Bmw and Audi with 100k+ while even alfas with just over 70k and FASH go for 700 quid..

of course, alfas depreciate more than audis and bmws. that is the main reason i'm not driving a 3 series.

Last edited:
astra vxr vs corsa vxr, it's no competition really. only a 5 year old would really prefer the corsa. vauxhall have actually made the astras look good with the current model and the VXR just improves on that.

what's different about the nurburgring versions? apart from the nurburgring stickers etc?

Nuringburg has slightly different suspension and a louder exhaust and lots of badges and stickers :rolleyes: Although is white :yum:

After driving a Corsa I really like them as well, granted the image isn;t great but a small hatch that is quikcer than an S2000 is fine in my book :)

they liked it loads more than a standard VXR handling wise, and reckoned that it must be the wheels, cos they were told that the suspension was the same by VX engineers.

therefore im looking for superleggeras for my car:D

After driving a Corsa I really like them as well, granted the image isn;t great but a small hatch that is quikcer than an S2000 is fine in my book :)

Are you taking crack again:confused: :D

Cor-thats-awful VXR 1598cc turbo 189bhp@5850rpm 170lb ft or 192lb ft@1980rpm on overboost 1166kgs bhp/per ton 165 0-60mph 6.8secs 140mph top

Hooray-thats-beautiful S2000 1997cc N/A 237bhp@8300rpm (highest specific output of any production N/A engine per liter) 155lb ft@7500 1260kgs 191bhp/per ton 0-60mph 6secs 150mph top.

Are you taking crack again:confused: :D

Cor-thats-awful VXR 1598cc turbo 189bhp@5850rpm 170lb ft or 192lb ft@1980rpm on overboost 1166kgs bhp/per ton 165 0-60mph 6.8secs 140mph top

Hooray-thats-beautiful S2000 1997cc N/A 237bhp@8300rpm (highest specific output of any production N/A engine per liter) 155lb ft@7500 1260kgs 191bhp/per ton 0-60mph 6secs 150mph top.

Owned! (y). V-tec FTW!! :D.

Last edited:
err... a lot of things, like bushes, filters, track rods, etc.

the prices are ridiculous, for most jap cars, compared to GM and european marques.

my uncle managed to use some stilo parts instead of toyota parts the other week (y) saved him £60 for a track rod iirc :eek:

Drove a 1.2 Twinport version Corsa C and it handled pretty decently, though since it was a courtesy car, it would ;) Engine pulled pretty well but didn't rev as sweetly as the 1.2 in my Stilo, though that could have been influenced by the notchiness of the gearbox. But it was the build quality that really took me aback. It was a year and a half old car and the fuel dial didn't work, the air circulation button didn't work and one of the speakers on the rather dire stereo didn't function. Made me appreciate the reliability of RGZ a lot more.

Plus the general feel of the interior was awful compared to the Stilo. All hard plastics and the seats, pedals and steering wheel weren't a patch on the Stilo's either.

That said, there's one or two Vauxhalls I don't mind...Monaro, VX220 and that latest VXR8 all seem pretty sweet, though haven't been in the position to "test" them :rolleyes:

err... a lot of things, like bushes, filters, track rods, etc.

the prices are ridiculous, for most jap cars, compared to GM and european marques.

my uncle managed to use some stilo parts instead of toyota parts the other week (y) saved him £60 for a track rod iirc :eek:

Prices all come down to supply and demand.

Demand is high for replacement parts for Euro cars as always needing replacement parts, hence made in big numbers so cheaper to produce per item, that saving is passed onto customer.

Jap cars by virtue of not needing so many parts replaced have lower demand so made in lower quantities so dearer to produce per item, customer covers that cost.

(of course it could just be that most parts are imported from Jap land) :D

i share my office with an s2000 owner. i love it a lot, but he spends more each year on maintenance than my car is worth. for example this year has seen over a grand spent on 4 wheel aligment and wishbones. i overhauled his rear brakes recently because a caliper was sticking and a new one was going to cost several hundred pounds. the exact same caliper is used on rovers and originally cost less than a 1/3 of the honda price (but it doesnt have the honda name stamped on it so he wasnt interested.)

Last edited:
i share my office with an s2000 owner. i love it a lot, but he spends more each year on maintenance than my car is worth. for example this year has seen over a grand spent on 4 wheel aligment and wishbones. i overhauled his rear brakes recently because a caliper was sticking and a new one was going to cost several hundred pounds. the exact same caliper is used on rovers and originally cost less than a 1/3 of the honda price (but it doesnt have the honda name stamped on it so he wasnt interested.)

I still want one :D

Back