General New car - 2013 Lounge, Cat N

Currently reading:
General New car - 2013 Lounge, Cat N

Here’s my latest, bought yesterday. I already have all the parts so apart from cleaning the seats, just a days work. [emoji846] IMG_3105.JPG

Realise how much space bumper and grill take up considering where coolant tank positioned in the pic. Shame they have light interiors. Wouldn't let mine get as grubby as some of the auctions lots seem to be.

Here’s my latest, bought yesterday. I already have all the parts so apart from cleaning the seats, just a days work. [emoji846]View attachment 188565

Do you keep parts "in stock" ?

Why when cars get recovered do they open the window and leave it, regardless if its pouring down? Our was taken to the body shop on a trailer and the guy did the same, good job it was dry.

Probably because it’s easier to push a car with the window open.

I have built up a lot of parts over the 3 years I’ve been doing it. As I mainly do white ones, I often buy bumpers, wings and bonnets when I see them for a good price. I’ve got loads of headlights with broken lugs that I have now started to hot staple repair.

Here’s my latest, bought yesterday. I already have all the parts so apart from cleaning the seats, just a days work. [emoji846]View attachment 188565
Stains on seats, evidence of the fright of the collision?
.... I’ve got loads of headlights with broken lugs that I have now started to hot staple repair.

For the Panda, new brackets are available. I thought they were available for 500 too. Have a search on Ebay.
Edit: Found these, others might be out there.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-500...Bracket-Lug-Repair-Kit-51816682-/122570110976
https://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/headlamp-bracket-kits-500

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Car almost completed in the snow in one day.

First picture was at 10am, second one at 4pm. Had trouble fitting the bumper. Don’t know if it’s warped but just can’t get it to fit properly. I’ve had this problem before but not to the same extent. Needs a good clean inside and out, adjusting the bonnet fit and sorting out the bumper then it’s off for MoT.

The one next to it is the second to last one that I sold to my neighbour.

IMG_3120.JPGIMG_3121.JPG

Is it worth getting another bumper instead? Did you get bookpack and both keys with this one?

Is it worth getting another bumper instead? Did you get bookpack and both keys with this one?

I’m going to see if I can. I spent over an hour trying to get it to fit. It’s like the bottom of the headlight is too low. If I get it in properly, the other end is at an angle. If I put that end in, the big gap appears. Really annoying.

Only the main key, as usual. Full book pack with service history though and a Deliciously Ella cookbook. I found the rather attractive previous owner on Facebook and asked her about the key but she didn’t have it. She doesn’t want her cook book back either!

I’m going to see if I can. I spent over an hour trying to get it to fit. It’s like the bottom of the headlight is too low. If I get it in properly, the other end is at an angle. If I put that end in, the big gap appears. Really annoying.

Only the main key, as usual. Full book pack with service history though and a Deliciously Ella cookbook. I found the rather attractive previous owner on Facebook and asked her about the key but she didn’t have it. She doesn’t want her cook book back either!

I'd take that as a no, then :)

Figured out what the problem was today. I reused a bottom reinforcement bar from a car I had a while ago but it was bent. it was hitting the bumper behind the fog light blank and stopping it going into the right position.

I took it off to double check and the bumper went on fine. Ordered a new one today. If it hadn’t been for that it would have been finished in a day. Spent a couple of hours this afternoon, cleaning the seats and door cards with my Vax. Back seat was covered with god knows what and hasn’t come up very clean. All the door shuts and under the hatch were green! Now sparkling white. What is it with young female drivers that the inside of their cars are like the bottom of a swamp?

Even as not mad about car cleaning, know a good hoover good idea. And proper car shampoo that attaches to a watergun can stand on in beads for 5 or 6 weeks. Friend of my Dad said years ago when buying secondhand cars off private sellers, state of the car will mirror the house (ie not a token effort because want rid of the car). Don't think he's bought in best part of 20 years, probably in for a shock. My Dad's last private buy a Citroen 2cv funnily enough.

Even as not mad about car cleaning, know a good hoover good idea. And proper car shampoo that attaches to a watergun can stand on in beads for 5 or 6 weeks. Friend of my Dad said years ago when buying secondhand cars off private sellers, state of the car will mirror the house (ie not a token effort because want rid of the car). Don't think he's bought in best part of 20 years, probably in for a shock. My Dad's last private buy a Citroen 2cv funnily enough.

Are these frothy snow foams any good?

As far as I know snowfoam lasts extra fortnight when it rains. Meant to swill with water, leave the foam on for 10 mins then swill off. Avoids using sponges and cloths that would scratch. At least I think that's the idea :confused:

Are these frothy snow foams any good?

I used one once or twice; I've still got the pressure washer attachment and most of the 5 litres of fluid.

You may infer from this that I didn't think it did much good, and you'd be right ;). It did, however, hang around on the driveway for a considerable period of time and generally made quite a mess. I didn't think it did much to remove the microscopic grit from the paint, which was the whole point of it really.

I've seen 'operatives' at those hand car wash places squirt it all over the car and then immediately start rubbing at it with a dirty rag :eek:, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Back