Technical New Bravo Owner in need of few repair advice.

Currently reading:
Technical New Bravo Owner in need of few repair advice.

leonc888

Hi,

Well im Leon and new to the mooring world and got my first car, just a 2001 Bravo 1.6 100 sx.

I have little knowledge of cars and i got this car pretty cheap but has a few minor problems which i hope some of you could advise me on.

1. firstly rare wiper does not move when switched on but i do hear a click sound from back (from the wiper) when i switch it on.

2. Electric sunroof - nothing happens when i press switch to open/ close.

3. The handle to open bonnet is missing and previous owner had a garage open it for them, can i get this fixed?

Just the 3 problems and everything else is perfect really.

So any advice i would love to hear please.

Thank You

oh a one more

4. I have just 1 red(ish) key how would i go bout getting another key as i understand the red(ish) one is a master key so i don't really want to use it.

Thanks

Hi, hope you enjoy the car.

Bonnet opening - there may be a cable in the drivers footwell, but the brown/red handle is missing. You can pull the cable with pliers until you find a handle somewhere. It's a common issue.

Electric sunroof - maybe a fuse has blown or someone has removed it for some reason. And the rear wiper - maybe something has jammed or there are bad contacts at the bottomof the boot. Anyway find a reasonable auto electrician to look at these.

Red key - you should use it get one or two blue keys made up by Timpsons, and program these to the car using the red key. Then use the blue keys.

Cheers bluejohn,

Going to try sort it all on weekend, just wanted to make sure there is nothing i could check first before paying to have the jobs done.

Cheers :)

Also with the keys i phoned my local timpsons and they said price depends on weather they have to program the key in the car which is about £150 or if it only needs doing instore its £35 per key.

is it possible i can find out which one i need before i go to them ?

Big important question, do you have the 4 digit code to reprogram new keys?

If you have the keycode, it's not all that hard to program new keys into the system. You can do that yourself. If you don't have the code I believe there are ways to find it, but unfortunately you'll probably have to spend that 150 pounds for timpsons to find it for you.

Last edited:
Regarding the keys, Timpsons should only have to cut the keys and you (or your auto-electrician) can complete the job using the procedure with the Red key.

If you learn the Search facility on the forum you should find plenty of threads and posts in Brava/Bravo (and elsewhere) about keys etc.

Back