Doblo New Boy.

Currently reading:
Doblo New Boy.

64B

Hi, I have just bought a 2011 1.6 Doblo Mulitijet and could not see any information on the service history regarding a cam belt change. the garage has agreed to do a change, but I was wondering if anyone knows an easy way to SEE if it has been done without removing bolted down covers etc. thanks

If you are lucky someone may have filled in the details in the sticker that comes with the cam belt kit and stuck it visible somewhere, or written in felt tip in the engine compartment or on the drivers door jam, but often it doesn't get done. If in doubt get it changed it's cheaper than a knackered engine.
Or did you mean the garage selling you the vehicle fitting or not a new cambelt kit?
If so get it in writing that it has been done on their invoice to you, so if it were to subsequently fail you would have redress hopefully.:)

Thanks B, I have insisted that it be recorded on the service history before buying the car, but just wondered if there was any way of visually checking for new parts to give me a little reassurance. I appreciate your comments. and will definitely ask for it to be recorded on my invoice.

Thanks B, I have insisted that it be recorded on the service history before buying the car, but just wondered if there was any way of visually checking for new parts to give me a little reassurance. I appreciate your comments. and will definitely ask for it to be recorded on my invoice.
Not easily without removing part of the cover and a few bolts, the trouble is even then you may see a new belt, but will not know if only the belt fitted and not the full tensioner and guide set that comes in a full kit. Then of course there is the question of water pump if applicable on your model.
Basically if a reputable garage and even a short warranty included, use the vehicle as normally would and if anything feels or sounds wrong take it back to be checked and they should be willing to put your mind at rest.:)

Back