new bonnet and bumper

Currently reading:
new bonnet and bumper

woody07

hi folks, ive been the proud owner of a blue fiat stilo 1.6 dynamic for 18 months now, but unfortunately i had a little bump with an auidi TT.

i require a new bonnet and front bumper, i have informed my insurance and they said i would have to pay £500 excess to get this fixed but im confident i can get it done cheaper without involving them.

Does anyone know where i can get a new front bumper and bonnet from please?
im a technically minded person (electrician by trade) and im reasonably confident i can repair the car myself, im just struggling to find the parts, i have checked gumtree and ebay but there are no parts that match my requirements, i also neefd the plastic door trims.

thanks in advance

matt

I'd say the scrap yard is your best choice to find reasonable priced parts. If you took the whole job to a half decent bodyshop I'd say a reasonable price for painting and if needed repairing the new second hand panels plus fitting you should be looking at about £350-400. Less if you go to a back street body shop but remember you get what you pay for! The problem with you fitting them yourself is that the bodyshop will most likely take them off again to paint the back of the bonnet and possibly bumper if its electrically are connected ie fog lights or parking sensors.

hi folks, ive been the proud owner of a blue fiat stilo 1.6 dynamic for 18 months now, but unfortunately i had a little bump with an auidi TT.

i require a new bonnet and front bumper, i have informed my insurance and they said i would have to pay £500 excess to get this fixed but im confident i can get it done cheaper without involving them.

Does anyone know where i can get a new front bumper and bonnet from please?
im a technically minded person (electrician by trade) and im reasonably confident i can repair the car myself, im just struggling to find the parts, i have checked gumtree and ebay but there are no parts that match my requirements, i also neefd the plastic door trims.

thanks in advance

matt

Hi Matt, and welcome, :)
what paint code are you looking for ??, 3 door or 5 :confused:

Charlie

hi charlie, im not sure about the paint code, this is my first car and im a bit new to all this, its a fiat stilo 1.6 dynamic 5 door hatchback, i would say looking at (automotive touch up . com) its 403b, but as the bonnett is currently bent over the release catch i cant open it up and look for the sticker, i can post my reg if that helps.

Back