Seicento New and confused

Currently reading:
Seicento New and confused

MustSeiMad

Hi all, great to be here!
I have a 2000 seicento, I've bought an oil filter from euro car parts and the hole in it is too big for the thread.

Anyone any ideas?

I put the reg number in to check the part was the right one.:confused:

Hi and welcome :)

There are often 2 options.. :eek:

I had this with the filters on my 2004

Panda 1.1 :(

So when the filter supplied for our 2001 sei sporting didnt fit.. I was at least prepared ;)

Ignore the reg on the Europarts search.. put in seicento..year and engine

There are at least 2 options..

Let us know how you get on..

Charlie

Last edited:
Sorted! after trying to speak to euro car parts (like speaking to a child) I established there is only one thread size. Obviously the one they sent was the wrong size despite what it says on the box.

Now for the big lesson...

Called my local independent part shop, took the original filter in, the guy pulled out the correct filter and measured the thread just to check. Super friendly, super knowledgeable, three times the price but worth every penny!

Wont be using parts supermarkets again!

Sorted! after trying to speak to euro car parts (like speaking to a child) I established there is only one thread size. Obviously the one they sent was the wrong size despite what it says on the box.

Now for the big lesson...

Called my local independent part shop, took the original filter in, the guy pulled out the correct filter and measured the thread just to check. Super friendly, super knowledgeable, three times the price but worth every penny!

Wont be using parts supermarkets again!
Great you have it sorted and found good service.

Was the wrong one from ecp crossland by any chance?
Jack

It was a Crossland filter yes, why have you had the same issue?
My understanding is crossland used to have good reputation and ecp bought the name to use on it's budget filters.

I like Mann, hengst, purflux filters

I've just bought a Fram oil filter from EPC, I hope it fits

Are Fram any good?

Back