-Sub 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 with Alpine Amp

Own and In the process off fitting....

-12428v
-Ported uno turbo inlett manifold
-866 Cam
-Supersprint 4-2-1 Manifold
-Full cat back stainless exhaust system

Pics:
Ok... i started the engine bay strip down today and realised just how many pipes there are :)

ive removed batter, Tb, bumper, rad + all pipes, im just looking at the good old haynes on how to remove the driveshafts and disconnect the gearbox selectors. any ideas?

latest pic....

DSC01233.jpg

ok got further today with everything out of the way, just need t pp the driveshaft out then drop the engine and box :)

loosened up the struts too so i can fit the new shocks.

i like the red abarths, purely because i have one ;)

i like the sound of a decent lowering kit like that, but theyre out of my price range :(
may just get some 40mm lowering springs...

did you fit the 32mm tb yourself?
if so, can you notice the difference?

also, same question about the brakes, did you fit them yourself?
were they hard to change?
i want to put pgt's on the front :D

cheers

Last edited:
40mm springs will be too low for standard shocks.
32mm tb doesn't make much of a noticeable difference, added to other mods is good upgrade but better options out there.
All you need for brakes is some PGT calipers, pads and discs, direct bolt for bolt replacement (don't fit inside 13" wheels)

updates are slim as im only working on the car at the weekend and had to rebuild one of my motorbikes, but work is continuing on friday/saturday this week.

as for the brakes i did fit them myself and its simple.

fronts are a straight swap within my 14" wheels no worries or new parts, (i swapped brake hose with the calliper)

rears are more difficult, still a straight swap but you ned to re-route the handbrake cable and modify it abit (i used a angle grinder:p) and ive noticed under heavy cornering the bleed nipple of the calliper touches my inner arch. thats with 4mm spacers on the back. hoping its just a suspension problem and my lowering kit will help it.

oh and spare wheels wont fit over any of my brakes lol.

edit :- i did notice with just pgt fronts that it wobbled abit under extreem braking asif my rear drums wernt braking enough, so you would either need well maintained drums or disk rears. drums are well capable of it if there maintained but on sei's they tend to rust.

Last edited:
OK UPDATES!! wooo.

removed the engine competely and found out all three of my engine mounts are in a non re-usable state :-(

so i now have a big hole
DSC00068.jpg

finally got the new engine of the stand and onto the winch so paired up the flywheel and then finally the gbox. sorted the oil 90degree pressure sensor and pretty much the engine and gearbox are ready,
DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

PLAN FOR TOMORROW
remove old front strutts, arb, and wishbones ready for my powerflex bush's when they finaly get here.

locate the engine back in the engine bay and secure on old mounts just to get all pipes back in to see there all there and to measure the supersprint mani and get it cut and welded to size.

Oh my gaiters are shot on my old shocks too so ill be contacting fiat to source them, or mabee some universal ones. new brake disks are needed as one is cracked :s, (pgt vented too and only 3months old),

and seen as my car has done 180,000 miles without the engine bay being cleaned that will be done at some point,

when inspecting the car today ive noticed 5-6 major impact marks on the floor so they will be knocked out and painted (welded were necissary) and then i think it will be weekend over :)

ok put the engine in today and connected everything up. all wires pipes ect.

need to sort coolant and exhaust as i only have a mani attached.

suspension bush's STILL havent arrived so i need to wait till i can do anything with suspension. :-(. need to order a chip too :)

latest pic.
DSC00074.jpg

OH and you can probably tell i cleaned the engine bay too!! :) found a tad of rust so i sanded it and sorted it out.

OK finished the wiring competely, put my sfront suspension struts on and sorted. did rear shocks but still need to do the bushes. going to have to drill them i think.

front powerflex's still in post and when there here fit the exhaust and its job done!

DSC00077.jpg

ts shocking what my disks look like they were shiney new two weeks ago, (rears look worse because there in the rain)

well i really want to but i also want it done asap haha. (im inpatient)

pluss i have the problem of i cant get my rear callipers off the hub and cba taking the hub off. ive also miss placed my brake pipe spanner so there still attached to the car but lying on the floor, i WILL however do them at a later date i just want to get it back on the road so i have transport other than my motorbikes.

but if i get a chance ill do them (spotted a tiny bit of corrosion on brake line) so would just paint that too haha

JUST HAD A SICKENING REALISATION

ok not that bad but im lowering the car on a 70mm kit at the front 50mm from sporting.
and my drive is at a 20-30 degree angle. im pretty much sure ive beached my car in my garden.

(dads 1.9 grande bottoms out on standard springs)

will be a fun time getting the car off. and yes i know im thick for just realising this, but it shows how much thought i put into this conversion haha

might end up pumping my tyres up stupidly high just to get it a half mm higher, or driving with the handbreak on to pull the back down and lift the front. haha

get fat people in the boot.
lift front arches

god noes, i actually am worried. ive drove a rx7 up there without it bottoming, but it took fookin ages and my neighbors kicked off about the endless reving of a beasty engine haha.

ill put a photo up if i get stuck to show you my epic fail haha

lol im up the hill going down so i would just rip the bumper off and sump haha. but nice suggestion.

ill probably end up driving down two rather thin bits of wood to get it at a more level playing field, but again thats a photo to have :p. and id be impressed if i thought it was going to survive long enough to get out and take one hahahaha.

it will be up here anyways with what happens, might turn into a garden feature you never know.

Ok todays progresssssss

put battery in and sorted wiring, flushed coolant and filled with new, attached strutbrace also noticed that my horn is touching the 4-2-1 so im angle grinding that tomorrow, to fit.

but wait for it......

started the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!! started first time all warning lights went off running rough due to no exhaust and induction kit lol, but everything is in order throttle works fine and idles ok. didnt let it warm up till exhaust is on.. so attached induction and closed the bonnet job done for today.

i did look at my cat back system from a cinq and it doesn't fit :-( there isnt enough bend to go around the petrol tank so ill be cutting and sorting that. exhaust mounts are also in a different position so ive found the cinq exhaust is different but don't worry ill make it fit!!!! haha oh and get the cat on it at some point too.

so problems left....
strut-brace knocked my alarm off so i need to attach it somewhere else the only place i can find is behind the passenger headlight and attached to the ecu (there is a bolt hole)
still waiting on the power-flex's and i still haven't got the rear bush's out.

just bushes left and exhaust and its job done! oh and adjust clutch and mabee fix the speedo which wasn't working before the conversion.

DSC00078.jpg

Back